Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Winchester Model 70

Looking to buy a used deer rifle in 270 win. I was wondering what I might be paying for a used winchester model 70 with synthetic stock. I have been told of a few for sale, but was never given a price. I am hoping to stay around $300-$400, since I could buy one of the newer Savage combos for that price. Hoping to get input on what to look for and what to buy used or new. I am just trying to get into deer hunting in southeastern PA.

Default Re: Winchester Model 70

If you wouldn't mind bumping you bank roll up $50 you can get a new Weatherby Vanguard and be a happy boy...

(Somerset County)

Are you aware that you can't hunt with a centerfire rifle in the extreme southeast? You would have to get out into Berks, Lancaster, Lehigh counties and points north and west from there to be legal with a rifle.

That said, there are plenty of new and used choices, I'd be looking at a Ruger American for starters.

Dale

(Centre County)

If you would be interested in a .308 over the .270, I have a NIB Ruger American (synthetic stock) for sale that would fit your price range (under $400, shipping included). You would have to scope it though. If interested, PM me.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member