Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Is the price reasonable? Knowledgeable gunsmiths and members advice needed

Hey guys, I am looking to get a vepr sbs. I already have a few sbr's and it's the holidays and well you can't spend all your money on bills !

Making the regular vepr into an sbs obviously will need work done to the gas port etc.

So I found one advertised online. (Not sure if I can Link it)

Here is the detail section of the ad:
    "
    This is a new factory Molot Vepr 12ga.that has been converted by our gunsmiths.

It is a 12" barrel gun and it will shoot low or high brass reliably because we have modified the Fire Control Group, the Bolt and Carrier and the Gas System to do so.

Here is a list of what has been done.
    First the FCG has been changed to a US Made FCG with a polished and re-profiled FCG for a smoother action and better reliability with low brass.
    In addition an Over Travel Limiter has been installed and tuned to the gun for a fast 2nd shot follow up.
    We have included a Warthog brake but can change it to another type for you.
    These Vepr12s have had their ports modified by us as well as the gas block so that they will shoot low brass ammo. Something that they were never designed to do.

It also has the LRBHO.
    Bolt and Carrier were ground, reworked and polished as well.
    In addition the extractor has been modified, the rails polished, the extractor ramp modified, and the internal spring for recoil has been changed.
    This gun has a stock fore grip but we have it optionally available with our custom welded dust cover on the gas tube, a Chaos Quad Rail fore end, or our custom powder coated slots and holes fore grip, all at extra charge.
    A Tromix Oversize charging knob has been installed.
    The folding stock is an ACE SKELETON STOCK and a PUSH BUTTON folding mechanism. However we also have a folding TRIANGLE STOCK available as well as many others at an adjusted price.
    The rear railed dust cover hinges up out of the way for easy access to the bolt and carrier and the FCG for easy cleaning.
    It also has the VEPR Integrated leaf rear sights with windage and elevation adjustments .
    The Bolt and Carrier has been polished in all the areas that can improve performance.
    The bottom of the carrier has also been jeweled and the rails buffed out.
    The trigger pull is approx 4.5 lbs. but can be lowered by us if desired

A Hogue Overmolded Grip has been installed.
    Paint has been touched up with a solvent resistant Ceramic based paint.

The gun can be fired with the stock open or folded.
    We have removed the gas block and modified the gas ports in the barrel as well as worked on the gas block itself in order to aid in the gun's ability to cycle low brass ammo such as bird shot and the low recoil stuff all the while in a SBS gun.
    Something these guns were never designed to do.
    A RAM ambidextrous mag release extension will be added but we took these pictures before shipping the gun out for engraving.
    An after market reduced power recoil spring is also added.

Fire the gun, release a mag, all without taking your hand off the pistol grip.
    The gun handles flawlessly as all guns modified by our gunsmiths go to the range for testing and 20 or more rounds put through them before shipping.
    This is a new gun under warranty.

See our other modified Saigas and Veprs.
    Shipment to an FFL required.
    Ask questions before bidding.
    Layaway OK up to 90 days but there is a 25% of total purchase price restocking fee if sale is not completed.
    Accept Postal Money Order, Cashiers check and Bank wire. We'll even take a personal check if we are making mods to the gun for you.

We are an 07-FFL, Class 2 SOT so we can modify your Factory standard Saigas, make them SBS and SBR. All NFA rules apply.
    We must hear from you within 5 days and payment must be received in 10 days or the gun will be relisted.

This gun is fully 922R compliant even if using the factory mag and all NFA rules apply.
    It will fire as fast as you can humanly pull the trigger and eats just about anything from Bulk Pack Federal 7.5 shot to slugs.
    If you want any changes, just contact us.

All our converted Veprs have the ports modified by us and usually a ground and polished bolt, carrier, and FCG. They will load a stick mag on a closed bolt and will cycle Federal Walmart Bulk Pack Low Brass Ammo as well as High Brass ammo.
    We treat all our Saigas in the same manner.

More pictures of this gun and our other builds will be online soon. You can also send us your existing Saigas and AKs for our work. And we take trades of all types.
    See us at www.saigacustom.com
    We have 10 and 12 round mags available for these guns.
    You will need an NFA Tax Stamp before you can receive the gun from your FFL but we will build you one, test it, and hold it until you are ready. Contact us for info.
    We also make a version of this gun without the internal polishing, or without a folding stock or even with any other type of stock. Price goes up and down accordingly. Just contact us.

[Information added 5/22/2014 1:56:48 PM]
    Picture #7 shows this gun with a Quad Rail setup and extended mag release installed. This runs $300 more and just got back from the engraver.

[Information added 7/11/2014 8:34:47 AM]
    We are now stocking 20 round Dural and SS drums for these Vepr 12 guns. Ask to see a video sent in by a client.

[Information added 7/18/2014 5:56:28 AM]
    All Saiga and Vepr guns have now been banned from further importation by executive order. If you want a Russian gun, get them while you can.

[Information added 8/9/2014 9:01:21 AM]
    You can send us your gun if you filed a Form 1 or if you plan to for a SBS and we will turn it into this or other variations of our guns for you. Ask for a quote.
    "

The price being asked is : $2699
    $300 more if I want a quad rail and mag release extension . I found the quad rail for $159 online and the mag release part for $37

So what do you guys think? Is it a fair price for the work done or are they trying to get over on someone who doesn't know better like myself perhaps.

Also the shotgun was originally posted two months ago for $3199.00 and then they reduced the price twice since the .

He's also offered me two 12rd mags for free as an incentive which is a $99 value. However I want the original mags from Russia . I've read mixed reviews on the USA made mags. So I'll probably negotiate something else it i go for it.

And I know some are thinking "do you have the money to spend, it's only expensive if you can't afford it". Yes I has the money. But I just want to make site I'm getting a fair deal.

Tha is for you advice guys.

Default Re: Is the price reasonable? Knowledgeable gunsmiths and members advice needed

Also, if there is a member here who is vouched for and works on veprs I'd be happy to keep the money in house and use a forum member for the work .

The guy who contacted me about the ad is Steve Rosenberg. In case anyone knows about him or his quality of work.

Thanks guys. And sorry if this is in the wrong section.