Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: .380 ACP ammo is kind of expensive

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    lol. Little gun = big recoil. TCP and LCP both kick like a sumbitch. Try something like a Bersa Thunder .380 if she wants less recoil.
    Walther PPK or clone of one. Smooth as Parkay.

(Erie County)

Default Re: .380 ACP ammo is kind of expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have the TCP it's not bad at all for me even shooting one handed. I am going to let he pop a few off and see how she reacts too it then I think she will understand me better.

The LC380 is also on my list to show her but the trigger in the DAO kinda sucks. I was unaware they were making a s(striker) version I will have to do some checking as to when that's going to hit the market. My guess would be after shot show this January.
    Let us know how that works out. If she can shoot it one handed, she's a better man than me. Of course, I am getting up there in years.

Red face Re: .380 ACP ammo is kind of expensive

Quote Originally Posted by timk225 View Post
    I got my Ruger LCP recently, and since then I have been noticing the price of .380 ammo in stores and online.

I can easily buy 50 round boxes of 9mm ammo in well known brands for $13-$16 per box, but it is nearly impossible to find .380 ammo below $22 a box.

During a recent trip to Sportsmans Supply in Butler, PA, their CCI Blazer .380 aluminum case ammo on the shelf was only $1 higher than an off brand that their employee claimed was once fired range brass that has been factory reloaded, which would never go in my gun, who knows what damage the shell cases may have had. And that was still $22 a box!

Best deals I have recently found was Winchester FMJ flat nose 95 grain at WAL-MART for $40 a 100 count Value Pack box (and I am a Wal-Mart hater, so it was hard for me to give them money even for this), and a dealer on gunbroker got me a 300 round battle pack of PMC 90 grain FMJ for $123 plus shipping.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::

Is one reason why we bought LC9s..use ammo which is more powerful and military issue..ie easy to find.. Ummm...as I was advised when still on active duty..."Uncommon calibers will be very difficult to get in a SHTF scenario" Was good advice 30 yrs ago...still is IHMO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345