Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAL problem in CZ75B

What powder are you using? Which bullets are you using?

We'd love to help!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KingShootersSupply View Post
    What powder are you using? Which bullets are you using?

We'd love to help!
    I am using Auto Comp, and Better Bullets 115 LRN, on a 550B, all purchased at Kings come to think of it.

Roger already diagnosed the problem. He was right on about what was happening. I am going to try seating them a little deeper as well as load a few of the sample PC 124 gn bullets you gave me. That bullet profile may be better. Who knows.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    I am using Auto Comp, and Better Bullets 115 LRN, on a 550B, all purchased at Kings come to think of it.

Roger already diagnosed the problem. He was right on about what was happening. I am going to try seating them a little deeper as well as load a few of the sample PC 124 gn bullets you gave me. That bullet profile may be better. Who knows.
    Awesome. Let us know how it turns out.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KingShootersSupply View Post
    Awesome. Let us know how it turns out.
    And so I shall....

I loaded up a batch of various loads. Per Hodgon web page load as follows, 115 LRN, 4.4-5.1 gn Autocomp, 1.1 OAL CCI500 primers

I loaded OAL a little shorter because even at 1.1 OAL the bullet was engaging the rifling with the .356 dia bullet. I loaded to a out 1.095 OAL. Better Bullets, 115 LRN. Charges were 4.4gn, 4,0gn 3.7gn, and 3.5gn. Winchester WSP primers. (I want a light load for Steel Challenge type shooting) All of them cycled the CZ75B just fine with no problems. i loaded about 10 of each.

Interestingly, only the 4.4 would dependably cycle an M&P shield.

I wonder if maybe the previous owner of the gun changed the spring on the CZ because it throws brass into the next county.

I also tried some Hornady FMJ, 115 Gn. Could not find any published data anywhere for that load, but there were some GDHP 115Gn and some Sierra 125gn FMJ data. The 125 gn said to start at 4.7. i did and it was perfect.

All of them shot about a 3" group at 8 yds and I was shooting relatively fast, not bullseye shooting by any means. i tried some of them at 15yds taking a little more time and kept Bout the same group.

Overall, super stoked at my second batch. Made a lot of errors (quality not safety errors) on the first batch but the guys at Kings put me on the straight and narrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12