Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default CC in SC---how?**UPDATE 4/28, possibility now. Pending bill.

We're either going to SC (Charleston) or NC (My preference/OBX) this summer. In NC, it's a "no brainer", I can carry there---have my PA LTCF and FL CCW. However, SC seems they only take resident reciprocating states only. Otherwise you can only keep your firearm in the glovebox. Besides buying property in SC, is there any other way to CC in SC as a PA resident? Are there any upcoming changes?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

3/9/2015

S.C. gun 'reciprocity' bill proposal thrills some, concerns others
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-...oncerns-others

COLUMBIA — Against the wishes of law enforcement officials, lawmakers advanced a bill Thursday that would allow concealed-weapon permit holders from Georgia and other states with lower safety standards to come into South Carolina and enjoy the same gun freedoms.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

http://scstatehouse.gov/billsearch.p...=121&summary=B

H 3025 General Bill, By Clemmons, Yow, Hixon and Kennedy
    Summary: Concealed weapons permits
    A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-215, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE ISSUANCE OF CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS, SO AS TO REVISE THE CONDITIONS THAT ALLOW A HOLDER OF AN OUT-OF-STATE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT TO CARRY A WEAPON IN THIS STATE.
    View full text
    12/11/14 House Prefiled
    12/11/14 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary
    01/13/15 House Introduced and read first time (House Journal-page 68)
    01/13/15 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary (House Journal-page 68)
    03/09/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Kennedy

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

H 3025 General Bill, By Clemmons, Yow, Hixon, Kennedy, Loftis, Huggins, Rivers, Hill, Gagnon, Stringer, Bedingfield, Burns, Hicks and Chumley
    Summary: Concealed weapons permits
    A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-215, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE ISSUANCE OF CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS, SO AS TO REVISE THE CONDITIONS THAT ALLOW A HOLDER OF AN OUT-OF-STATE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT TO CARRY A WEAPON IN THIS STATE.
    View full text View Vote History
    12/11/14 House Prefiled
    12/11/14 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary
    01/13/15 House Introduced and read first time (House Journal-page 68)
    01/13/15 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary (House Journal-page 68)
    03/09/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Kennedy
    03/18/15 House Committee report: Favorable Judiciary
    03/19/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Loftis, Huggins
    03/19/15 House Requests for debate-Rep(s). Delleney, Bedingfield, Tallon, VS Moss, Nanney
    03/24/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Rivers
    03/25/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Hill, Gagnon
    03/25/15 House Debate adjourned until Tues., 4-14-15 (House Journal-page 50)
    04/14/15 House Debate adjourned until Wed., 4-15-15 (House Journal-page 43)
    04/15/15 House Debate adjourned until Thur., 4-16-15 (House Journal-page 23)
    04/16/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Stringer
    04/16/15 House Debate adjourned until Wed., 4-22-15 (House Journal-page 43)
    04/22/15 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Bedingfield, Burns, Hicks, Chumley
    04/23/15 House Amended (House Journal-page 49)
    04/23/15 House Read second time (House Journal-page 49)
    04/23/15 House Roll call Yeas-90 Nays-18 (House Journal-page 57)
    04/28/15 Scrivener's error corrected
    Last edited by mikelets456; April 28th, 2015 at 04:29 PM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: CC in SC---how?

SC wasn't always that way and it just changed within the last couple years. For this years vacation we decided to go to OBX and that is where we will continue to vacation in years to come. We prefer OBX to any of the SC beaches anyway so no big deal for us to avoid SC unless revert back allowing reciprocity.

(Jefferson County)

Buy land in SC - then apply for a SC license.

That is the only option for CC on your person.

Otherwise, glovebox and console carry is legal so long as the compartment closes with a lid.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

Get appointed as a PA state constable.

(York County)

They only honor certain states resident permits, PA not one of them. They dont honor any non-resident permits from other states, and to get one of their SC non-resident permits you need to own property there I believe. Kinda dumb that they only honor some states, last year when I visited there I was good to carry because I lived in VA and had a VA resident permit which they honor, but if I go back this year I no longer can carry since I moved to PA and have a PA LTCF...

glovebox carry in the car and you could carry a long gun lol

i think black powder isnt technically a pistol for the license and you could carry it openly but ive never tried it(just looks that way from my reading of SC law)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    We're either going to SC (Charleston) or NC (My preference/OBX) this summer. In NC, it's a "no brainer", I can carry there---have my PA LTCF and FL CCW. However, SC seems they only take resident reciprocating states only. Otherwise you can only keep your firearm in the glovebox. Besides buying property in SC, is there any other way to CC in SC as a PA resident? Are there any upcoming changes?
    There might be an attempt at a constitutional carry bill in SC this year, but it seems the folks who wield power down there don't want it.
    Not sure about the law in SC as it relates to a hotel/vacation rental, may be possible to at least bring it and keep there.

I still shake my head at why a lawsuit hasn't been filed by a non-resident(in a non-reciprocal state).......

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

South Carolina is restrictive for us due to the lack of reciprocity, but they're far better than New York, New Jersey, and Maryland.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    There might be an attempt at a constitutional carry bill in SC this year, but it seems the folks who wield power down there don't want it.
    Not sure about the law in SC as it relates to a hotel/vacation rental, may be possible to at least bring it and keep there.

I still shake my head at why a lawsuit hasn't been filed by a non-resident(in a non-reciprocal state).......
    South Carolina Code of Laws Unannotated

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(8) a person in his home or upon his real property or a person who has the permission of the owner or the person in legal possession or the person in legal control of the home or real property;
    IANAL

(Pike County)

You can CC if you possess a valid fishing license on your way to and from any fishing trip... Lots of water in SC.

(4) licensed hunters or fishermen who are engaged in hunting or fishing or going to or from their places of hunting or fishing while in a vehicle or on foot;

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast