Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: All things AR-15 and variants from newbie to advanced. Find answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I wish we could find an SOT who would want to run one of these $250-300 budget builds on full auto till meltdown..
    Bumpstock it

Default Re: All things AR-15 and variants from newbie to advanced. Find answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Anderson meltdown. I was pleasantly surprised.

Funny how well their upper did which we all know is where the business happens yet people think the lowers are complete garbage.

Anderson is one of the few that actually makes their parts including uppers and lowers. They also make and rebrand them for others and I bet some people are paying twice as much for a roll mark put on their by Anderson all while thumbing their noses at the “Poverty Pony” owners.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Funny how well their upper did which we all know is where the business happens yet people think the lowers are complete garbage.

Anderson is one of the few that actually makes their parts including uppers and lowers. They also make and rebrand them for others and I bet some people are paying twice as much for a roll mark put on their by Anderson all while thumbing their noses at the “Poverty Pony” owners.
    Hodgie I missed this post of yours.

To add to it. I got a Colt LE6900 which is a model number that will probably lead most people to scratch their heads. I got it in 2013 which was a terrible time to buy, so out of shame I won't mention what I paid.

My point for bringing that up was my research that I put into it. Seems Colt wanted to compete with the likes of the M&P15 so I believe they farmed the LE6900 out to another company and roll marked it with the Pony. I can't state it for a fact, but I believe it was Anderson that made the 6900
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Perry County)

I found this informative article for first time AR buyers (are there still any of those?) to guide them through the maze.

https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equi...r-first-ar-15/

I know your pain. We*ve all been there. You*re excited to jump into this new adventure and purchase your first AR-15. But you probably feel a bit like a mosquito on a nude beach: you know what you*re supposed to do, but not where to start.

The question I want you to ask yourself before you go down this path is simple: Why do you want an AR-15? I don*t mean that in the judgmental way a disbelieving friend or family member might say it. Rather, I want you to think about the role you want it to fill.

If you*re like most first time buyers, then you have some kind of notion that you want it for self-defense, so you need it to be reliable. But you also might want to compete with it, so it has to be super accurate.

Maybe you also want to participate in all of those photo threads in the message boards, so you need to have all the cool accessories.

It probably seems like there*s more information out there than you can conceivably sort through. In the end, you might get caught up in the same thing I did when I started this journey: paralysis by analysis.

There are so many options, that you almost don*t know where to begin.

Allow me help you with that.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Default Re: All things AR-15 Phosphate or Nitride?

Phosphate or nitride for a 10.5 pistol build and why?

I really want CHF but beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Phosphate or nitride for a 10.5 pistol build and why?

I really want CHF but beggars can't be choosers.
    Nitride because it's harder, more durable, last longer and barrels tend to be more accurate with it vs all others including chrome lined.

If it's from PSA their 4150 nitride barrels including their 10.5" are very accurate.

Accuracy test starts out at 2:50.

(Allegheny County)

I don't know where to put this/these, but while I have the tabs open, I'm adding them to this thread since they are helpful tips on AR15 assembly.

First up - How to install Pivot and Takedown Pins on your AR-15 without special tools

I've used this trick on every single build I've assembled. It is EASY-PEASY.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

In another thread, the topic of aligning the hole in the gas block, with the hole in the barrel came up.

I'll post two videos that were helpful to me. Use whatever method you feel comfy with, but I found the "spaghetti" method to be pretty easy.

(Allegheny County)

Some more info on determining how to align the holes...
    (skip to 3:15 to around 5:00 if you don't want to watch all of it)

(Allegheny County)

And here's another method of installing the pivot pin with no tools...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast