Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice

(Cumberland County)

Default Advice

Decisions, decisions. I want to add a G21 to my collection. Probably going for a Gen 3 unless I see a mint Gen 2 cheap My dilemma being I do like my police marked trades, but are they worth the premium. Currently, I can get a very good to excellent condition Gen 3 for about $325-$350. I see a very nice State Police marked one in same condition, but its $475. Is it worth the extra $125 - $150 - hmmmmm. All personal choice I guess - $475 is a bit high for a used G21, but with markings ?????? I'm torn.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Advice

just my opinion, no...no, they are not. the p.s.p. markings don't add that kind of value. look at the berettas on gunbroker. notice the same p.s.p. marked ones that are priced 100 bucks higher that have been for sale since forever?

my point.

(Mercer County)

What do you plan on doing with it? I wouldn't pay that much more for a PSP marked gun, unless I really wanted it for "collector" reasons. I don't collect glocks for the sake of collecting them, so I'd go with the cheaper option.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

Personally, I think the Police Dept markings take away from the value, unless it is/was a department you worked for.

(Bucks County)

Glocks are great. They work when you need them. Almost indestructible. But collector value? No. They are not a finely tuned work of art like an old S&W revolver from yesteryear. They are a polymer framed, simplistic, block-looking slide, working tool for defense. Get them as cheap as possible.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, not a "real" collector - just have quite a few police marked ones - just something I enjoy - but just don't know if I can go $150 more just because of it. I have several police, corrections facility, etc., marked guns and never paid more for them. This one isn't PSP - it's a mid west state patrol gun with nice engraved badge and marking - but again, $325-$350 vs $475 - even though I like the police guns - think I might stick to the non marked one
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

No. Where are you finding a Gen 3 G21 for those prices though?

Sentimental value, not monetary value. They are just too common and will continue to be.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I see a very nice State Police marked one in same condition, but its $475. Is it worth the extra $125 - $150 - hmmmmm. All personal choice I guess - $475 is a bit high for a used G21, but with markings ?????? I'm torn.
    It's too bad you can't determine how much time has been put on this gun. $475 may be high (I personally don't know enough about Glocks to understand, yet), but I sold my pair of G21's that had maybe 600 total rds between the two for $1000. I didn't pay much more than that for them.

You're the only person that can determine if the gun is worth $475. I think the SP marking would be cool and I don't know that it would hurt or help the value. I'm sure that engraving wasn't done for free. What I'd be concerned about the most is round count. 2 to 3000 rds...not so much of a problem, but 10,000...you're at the second spectrum of the gun's service life.

Here's one that appears to be on a Beretta 92: http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...thumbnail1.jpg I like it, but not for that much extra money. This can be compared to one person will spend $80 on a Nascar seat just to get in the race and another will spend $1000 to get the best seats. Do you like Nascar enough to get box seats or will the seats in the sun on turn 3 get you by? Only you can determine that value.

BTW, I always used to get the cheapest seats at a Cup race. I always walked from turn to turn (the one's you could get to) to see who had the most tire smoke when they exited the turns, so I rarely sat, except to make my wife buy me a $4.50 Bud.
    Last edited by harold63; November 30th, 2014 at 05:40 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Glocks are great. They work when you need them. Almost indestructible. But collector value? No. They are not a finely tuned work of art like an old S&W revolver from yesteryear. They are a polymer framed, simplistic, block-looking slide, working tool for defense. Get them as cheap as possible.
    They're tough on the eyes (some would say butt-ugly), but get better looking after a few beers...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast