Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Prohibited person ?s

I 'heard' a story about a guy, NOT ME, SERIOUSLY, not me, who found out he is a prohibited person when he tried to buy his kid a birthday present that involved a phone call and bad news. That is as far as it went.

So, the story goes that this guy wants to hunt with his kid. The kid has access to a shotgun, but the Dad does not, at all. So, as far as the story goes , Dad believes he can accompany the kid, and the guy who is providing the shotgun and supervising the kid, into the woods. Dad got to asking if he is ok to hunt with 'other than a firearm'. Crossbow? bow and arrow? Flintlock? Muzzleloader? Are any, or all of these ok, or are all off-limits to him?

I don't recall in the story what the 'offense' was, but it was a 'stupid youth' issue, and he is definitely on the 'official naughty list'.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Prohibited person ?s

He is ok with archery but not the flintlock. Blackpowder stuff is ok under federal law but Pa. law makes it illegal.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I 'heard' a story about a guy, NOT ME, SERIOUSLY, not me, who found out he is a prohibited person when he tried to buy his kid a birthday present that involved a phone call and bad news. That is as far as it went.

So, the story goes that this guy wants to hunt with his kid. The kid has access to a shotgun, but the Dad does not, at all. So, as far as the story goes , Dad believes he can accompany the kid, and the guy who is providing the shotgun and supervising the kid, into the woods. Dad got to asking if he is ok to hunt with 'other than a firearm'. Crossbow? bow and arrow? Flintlock? Muzzleloader? Are any, or all of these ok, or are all off-limits to him?

I don't recall in the story what the 'offense' was, but it was a 'stupid youth' issue, and he is definitely on the 'official naughty list'.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

BTW, jerkin is correct.

Perhaps, are you "the guy who is providing the gun and supervising the kid"? If you are, I will add this, I don't necessarily think it is a good idea to have dad along for a hunting trip with a firearm. You can get yourself in a whole heap of trouble if you get caught even inadvertently providing a firearm to a prohibited person. The laws may not be right or just, but they're there.

(Bucks County)

No, not me, and it is just a story. Thanks for the advice though, it will bee heeded.