Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Borough of Forest Hills NFA?

I have no immediate purchases planned, but if anyone is in the Borough of Forest Hills and has experience purchasing NFA/Class III, I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

SWMBO has never shot full-auto, and I'm missing the "joy" of spending $$$ on ammo for an hour or two on the line. What I'd like to do is buy a thrashed/beater Class III and *legally* fix it up to be a decent shooter. I'm not a PMC wannabe, just a hobbyist metalworker who'd like the challenge of fixing/rehabilitating something like a thrashed out subgun or BAR for the occasional weekend shoot.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Borough of Forest Hills NFA?

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    I have no immediate purchases planned, but if anyone is in the Borough of Forest Hills and has experience purchasing NFA/Class III, I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

SWMBO has never shot full-auto, and I'm missing the "joy" of spending $$$ on ammo for an hour or two on the line. What I'd like to do is buy a thrashed/beater Class III and *legally* fix it up to be a decent shooter. I'm not a PMC wannabe, just a hobbyist metalworker who'd like the challenge of fixing/rehabilitating something like a thrashed out subgun or BAR for the occasional weekend shoot.

The sticky threads in this forum section details what must be done - forms, prints, photos and LEO sign-off.

Locating a "budget" MG will be the biggest challenge. The cheapest burp guns I've seen lately are MAC-10/11's at about $3500 and a couple of other subguns in the general price range. M16s, AK's, BAR's and such are going for $10K to $25K depending on condition and model.

For a first time NFA buyer I'd recommend going to a C3 dealer for something like a MG. He/she may be able to locate one in your price range and if its located in another state - you'll need him anyways. Online auctions are a good place to scout one on your own.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Question Re: Borough of Forest Hills NFA?

Hello Knight,

Sorry to run off-topic ... can you tell me how you accomplished the " Head Basher " ... pretty neat.

I'm " Poster Child " for Tekno-Dummy of the Year ... but I'm tryin' !

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Intolerantbobj View Post
    Hello Knight,

Sorry to run off-topic ... can you tell me how you accomplished the " Head Basher " ... pretty neat.

I'm " Poster Child " for Tekno-Dummy of the Year ... but I'm tryin' !
    PM inbound to not run this thread afoul.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    What I'd like to do is buy a thrashed/beater Class III and *legally* fix it up to be a decent shooter.
    What you want does not exist in the NFA world......

even if you could find one it would be the same price the non beatup thrashed gun... thats why dewats are worth the same as transferables.

The BAR will be upwards of $20,000

The cheapest subgun will be from the "MAC" family and you may be able to find a bare receiver for around 3K
    Last edited by Mtdew; July 5th, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
    No, not billet martini glasses... Baffles.... EVIL Baffles