Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Question Liberty Township Sportsman Association: who is he?...

Anyone who frequents that range knows who I'm talking about.. Who is he (is he really elected to any club position?), has his presence ever made you or your guests feel uncomfortable, is there any reason to be worried that he has potential access to firearms?
    Last edited by StingyGunner; March 30th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Centre County)

Default Re: Liberty Township Sportsman Club: who is he?...

Am I allowed to bump a normal thread? I am, because I am genuinely interested in finding something out.

(Montgomery County)

Maybe you should rephrase the question in a serious manner.

Take out the silly 'you know wink wink' mystery and provide details so that anyone on this public forum can understand what you are talking about.

e.g.

Whenever I visit my local club, XYZ Gun Range, I've found a man present in the ***name area***, he always exhibits ***list behaviors*** which I find odd due to ***list reasons***. Is he there in an official Club capacity?
    Last edited by PA_PB&J; December 1st, 2014 at 07:15 PM.

(Centre County)

Question Re: Liberty Township Sportsman Club: who is he?...

Maybe you should rephrase the question in a serious manner.

Take out the silly 'you know wink wink' mystery and provide details so that anyone on this public forum can understand what you are talking about.
    I find your post peculiarly confrontational... I am sorry if I offended you, sir/ma'am. I don't remember winking, but I will add detail as it has been so long without a response and I am genuinely interested in finding an answer to my original question (purely out of curiosity).

This individual lives across the road from the range in a trailer. The individual is male, most likely in his 60s. Every time I have been to this particular range within the past 6-8 months, he crosses the road to inform me and whoever I am with that he is (something to the effect of) the range officer.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I wonder if he's the same guy that I saw at Giant Eagle. If you shop at Giant Eagle, you know who I mean. Is he really the produce manager? Or is he something more nefarious?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Liberty Township Sportsman Association: who is he?...

Could be the care-taker of sorts. CDSA had a trailer on-site and a caretaker lived in it.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

I think it's good that "he" is across the street.
    He checks membership cards and I have see many people leave the range that don't have current card.
    There is hardly a y brass on the firing g points because "he" picks it up to sell for scrap, but waits until you leave to do so.
    The club membership is $16.00, for less than two bucks a month to shoot on a non game commission range, I can put up with the old guy.

(Mercer County)

Constitution something something
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    I find your post peculiarly confrontational... I am sorry if I offended you, sir/ma'am. I don't remember winking, but I will add detail as it has been so long without a response and I am genuinely interested in finding an answer to my original question (purely out of curiosity).

This individual lives across the road from the range in a trailer. The individual is male, most likely in his 60s. Every time I have been to this particular range within the past 6-8 months, he crosses the road to inform me and whoever I am with that he is (something to the effect of) the range officer.
    You left out my handy example from your quote. Not fair.

BTW, you still have not provided any context to your remarks "...has his presence ever made you or your guests feel uncomfortable, is there any reason to be worried that he has potential access to firearms?" Why would you ask such a weird question? Why do you feel uncomfortable or feel the need to ask about being worried someone has access to firearms?

If he is the guy X Hunter is talking about, then I see no behaviour mentioned that would trigger your strange questions.

PS, yeah that sounded kind'a harsh.
    Last edited by PA_PB&J; March 31st, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

(Centre County)

Lightbulb Re: Liberty Township Sportsman Club: who is he?...

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    You left out my handy example from your quote. Not fair.

BTW, you still have not provided any context to your remarks "...has his presence ever made you or your guests feel uncomfortable, is there any reason to be worried that he has potential access to firearms?" Why would you ask such a weird question? Why do you feel uncomfortable or feel the need to ask about being worried someone has access to firearms?

If he is the guy X Hunter is talking about, then I see no behaviour mentioned that would trigger your strange questions.

PS, yeah that sounded kind'a harsh.
    I won't spend too much more time on this, as it's losing utility, but suffice to say that some people just make you want to double check. I can tell by the tone of some posts that this discussion (for some reason) may only escalate, so this will probably be my last post about it. Thank you to those who provided any information.

For additional background, I have never seen the person in question shooting, nor has he had a membership card when I asked him for one after he asked me for mine.

As to the topic at hand...I will seek additional information about anyone who lives alone across the street from a range I frequent and crosses the street to stand behind me while I shoot (as of late, every time I am there). I have found that a stranger standing behind us especially makes new shooters uncomfortable. Additionally, the manner in which some individuals speak or carry themselves in general warrants a second (or third) look based upon my perception of their attitude/demeanor/coherence/mental status. I do not believe asking honest questions is a bad idea, nor do I believe it is offensive--I will never apologize for awareness. I asked because his presence has become a trend rather than an event. If it's "all clear", great!

Thanks, guys. Happy Easter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast