Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: How to deal with a trespassing hunter

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    I take this to mean that there will be no videos of a critter throwing device up sized for larger 2-300 pounders?

In my experience those of us who tend to be a wiseass have to REALLY soft pedal it or those who are sensitive will misunderstand.
    I'm a member of a Facebook page for Veterans of a certain SoCAL USAF Base. I was reminded a few weeks ago of an incident at that base involving: a drunken, alcoholic Airman First Class with a grudge, a three story barracks (roof top was the area involved), an assortment of mis-allocated building materials (garage door springs, lumber, hardware, fencing materials- enough to build a fairly decent, fully-functional goat catapult and corral), a local bar that had mis-treated said A1C, and a half dozen stolen pygmy goats!

Statutes of Limitations have expired at the state level, but this was on Federal Property, so I hesitate to go further. I will say that people from New York are often not right in the head, and they get worse with alcohol ingestion.

Why is it that so many good stories are told or not with the mention of statute of limitations.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Lehigh County)

I would go knock on the neighbors door and ask. If it's not theirs then I take it down. Done it before. Notes are no good when he trucks in a hour before daylight sits in his stand on your property and shoots a big buck or doe. After a quick talk to the neighbors, the thing comes down.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lehigh County)

Ps I know you know your property line but it has to be posted. Or the property line becomes a argue point
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Ps I know you know your property line but it has to be posted. Or the property line becomes a argue point
    I understand what you mean by property line needs to be posted. However, what happened to the common courtesy of KNOWING whose land you stand on and getting their approval beforehand. Not having that in hand is called TRESPASSING and IS a crime. It is not an 'argue point'. I understand what you mean, I'm not arguing with you, but my take is, whatever happened to common decency, courtesy, respect for other's property rights.

I want my country back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    20 years ago, I probably would have half cut the straps and laid booby traps around it. Guess I am getting mellow.
    Sounds like the script to every Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd Loony Toons show I watched as a kid.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Just to be clear, notice the green fellow with the huge grin in the top of my post that spoke of 'traps and such'. He is there to let you know I AM JOKING!!! Lest someone take it wrong.

Apparently, there are a bunch of Prius-driving girlie men about these parts lately and they keep getting their panties all bunched up. I guess the days of speaking the truth and being able to count on your fellow American to have a brain are dying off.

I miss my country and I want her back!!!
    Wait, what?

You were joking?

What am I going to do with all these supplies I just bought?
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    I would go knock on the neighbors door and ask. If it's not theirs then I take it down. Done it before. Notes are no good when he trucks in a hour before daylight sits in his stand on your property and shoots a big buck or doe. After a quick talk to the neighbors, the thing comes down.
    The neighbor property does not have a house. It is just an empty wooded lot, and I don't know who owns it, so no go on the door knock thing.

I really don't care much if the guy is there, more of a principal thing. I have two herds of deer on my land, so if he pops one, nbd.

I do have to get my property lines laid out. I just bought the place this year and want to get a surveyor out there to mark the lines for me. I will get to that right after the siding, the roof, the foundation, finishing the garage...oh the list just goes on and on.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Sounds like the script to every Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd Loony Toons show I watched as a kid.
    More Wil-E-Coyote, but yeah.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I understand what you mean by property line needs to be posted. However, what happened to the common courtesy of KNOWING whose land you stand on and getting their approval beforehand. Not having that in hand is called TRESPASSING and IS a crime. It is not an 'argue point'. I understand what you mean, I'm not arguing with you, but my take is, whatever happened to common decency, courtesy, respect for other's property rights.

I want my country back!!!
    From my look into the law and talking with folks, the property line doesn't need to be posted or marked. If someone was to say put a structure or a piece of equipment on your unmarked land, you are free to move it and there is none of this possession is 9ths of the law stuff.

That said, I have every property corner well marked and staked and likely ingress points are posted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast