Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: How to deal with a trespassing hunter

Good one, Manx. I think I will make that attempt 2.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, polite note with number to start is the way I will be going. Hopefully, it resolves nice and easy.
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: How to deal with a trespassing hunter

Ok well, I'm just down the road and I can get a barrel from work, I have some rope, and there's a few WAWA gas stations between me and you. You just say the word and I'll load the rail and we'll start flingin' trespassers. It'll be just like Punkin Chunkin only ours will scream as they take flight! It'll be a hoot!

(York County)

If all attempts fail at resolving the issue, try a chain saw, it does wonders
    as it did for my brother-in-law's problem with an individual who refused to
    move his tree stand off his clearly posted land.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    If all attempts fail at resolving the issue, try a chain saw, it does wonders
    as it did for my brother-in-law's problem with an individual who refused to
    move his tree stand off his clearly posted land.
    Well, when my neighbor first told me that some guy had put a tree stand up was "So you mean someone donated a tree stand to me?", but I am being cool headed about it. 20 years ago, I probably would have half cut the straps and laid booby traps around it. Guess I am getting mellow.
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Guess I am getting mellow.

Not yet. Mellow is when you have a gift wrapped bottle of whiskey setting under his stand asking him if would ask you for permission to hunt on your land.

(Luzerne County)

A small bag of apples and a little corn scattered around. Then a call to the wood ticks. They get there hunting over bait pinch and you become a hero for turning him in.
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    A small bag of apples and a little corn scattered around. Then a call to the wood ticks. They get there hunting over bait pinch and you become a hero for turning him in.
    I would go with the note first, but it's always nice to have a back-up plan. Speak softly, and have a plan...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Google "improvised ankle traps", then super-size it to handle a 250 lb man. You know the one I mean, tree bent over like a spring, rope that hangs to a loop on the ground, victim steps on it and flung into the next county. If you have the time, you could get a mannequin and weight it appropriately, and do some practice shots. If you know where he parks the truck, you could 'aim' him at it. With any luck at all, you wind up with him stuck in his windshield. Ooh ooh, I almost forgot. Make a way for him to get doused in gasoline as he flies through the trees and gets lit up just as he lands in the truck!!!
    There was a guy here in PA last year that got in trouble for setting a booby trap that swamped a trespassing hunter with paint.

We've had this topic of trespassing hunters here on this forum a couple of times since I joined 2 years ago, the last I think about a month ago. I've written my thoughts on it a few times so probably will not rehash all that except to say in the past week I had a few problems, in one case I was notified a sizable contingent of people were walking onto my land(right past clearly posted No Trespassing signs) but wasn't here to do anything about it. I also had to turn down requests to hunt as well as I already have people scheduled and don't need hordes of people running around here.

When busted trespassing I can't recall anyone that gave me any big lip about it but I also bring superior firepower and have no problem with calling the PSP out if need be if anyone wants to have a temper tantrum.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: How to deal with a trespassing hunter

Just to be clear, notice the green fellow with the huge grin in the top of my post that spoke of 'traps and such'. He is there to let you know I AM JOKING!!! Lest someone take it wrong.

Apparently, there are a bunch of Prius-driving girlie men about these parts lately and they keep getting their panties all bunched up. I guess the days of speaking the truth and being able to count on your fellow American to have a brain are dying off.

I miss my country and I want her back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Just to be clear, notice the green fellow with the huge grin in the top of my post that spoke of 'traps and such'. He is there to let you know I AM JOKING!!! Lest someone take it wrong.

Apparently, there are a bunch of Prius-driving girlie men about these parts lately and they keep getting their panties all bunched up. I guess the days of speaking the truth and being able to count on your fellow American to have a brain are dying off.

I miss my country and I want her back!!!
    I take this to mean that there will be no videos of a critter throwing device up sized for larger 2-300 pounders?

In my experience those of us who tend to be a wiseass have to REALLY soft pedal it or those who are sensitive will misunderstand.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast