Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Warren County)

Default Remington 1187 Police

I just picked up in trade a very nice Remington 1187 Police (police trade in) 12 ga with night sights. I took it out the the range today and put a few loads of buckshot thru it after I sighted in my deer rifle. Pretty sweet gun! It wasn't what I was looking for in a trade but it caught my eye. Anybody have any experience with them I'd love to hear from you.

Tim , USAF Ret.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Remington 1187 Police

Sorry for the Necro post, I just put one of these in layaway and wondered how the OP's experience has been since and if any one else had any other input on this particular make, model, police trade pitfalls and/or etc.. Thanks in advance.

(Lawrence County)

It's a 1100. You'll want to learn how to clean the gas system and buy a couple extra O rings. Mine prefer to be run wet with oil.

Lycancompmasterthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Perry County)

Yup, they like to be clean. When they are, they run great. After a few hundred rounds, the carbon build-up starts causing problems.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Erie County)

Thank you for input guys. I will stock up on rings and oil. Is the gas system tricky to douche out?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB814 View Post
    Thank you for input guys. I will stock up on rings and oil. Is the gas system tricky to douche out?
    Nope, easy to clean guns. So easy a Statie can do it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Yeah they are good to go. I used to run one for 3 gun. I must of had a good one (since sold it for a versa max) because I used to run it up to 500-1000 rounds before cleaning it and never had any issues. Maybe since I ran it mostly dry besides the bolt? I have a bunch of rings for it that I have sitting somewhere and don't need them any more. PM me if interested in a spare pair I have 6 viton and 4 rubber ones.