Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Steel Valley Casting Coated Bullets (PGH Area) (Yippie Bullet Pictures)

>They look really cool, especially those DEWC 38s

Button-nose wadcutters—the base should be perfectly flat.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Steel Valley Casting Coated Bullets (PGH Area) (Yippie Bullet Pictures)

Yep flat base. They shoot really nice. They are a pain to make though. I'll be buying a true DEWC soon.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Washington County)

Cool looking stuff, so I have to ask, out of ignorance, is this something I should be buying? I'm shooting a few thousand rounds a year of 115 gr 9mm in action type shooting that I'm loading on my 650 with Berry's and Xtreme plated bullets. I shoot them through a Glock 17 with a factory barrel and I'll switch to a LW threaded barrel soon. Are these cheaper than what I'm currently using? Are they right for me?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Cool looking stuff, so I have to ask, out of ignorance, is this something I should be buying? I'm shooting a few thousand rounds a year of 115 gr 9mm in action type shooting that I'm loading on my 650 with Berry's and Xtreme plated bullets. I shoot them through a Glock 17 with a factory barrel and I'll switch to a LW threaded barrel soon. Are these cheaper than what I'm currently using? Are they right for me?
    Could be. Maybe. Don't know.

We sell our coated 9mm bullets for $38/box of 500. I can ship up to 4 boxes in one medium flat rate box for $14 shipping.

I can send you a sample bag so you can try them and answer the other two questions we don't know the answers too.

So far everyone who has tried the coated bullets like them. I have had no complaints as of yet. I do believe we make a good bullet. I believe the coating makes our good bullet even better.

All you can do is try them and find out. I'm up for any type of feedback. Good, bad, or indifferent. We are a small company so it is pretty easy to adapt what we are doing to make something better.
    Last edited by DucatiRon; December 8th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

(Washington County)

Thanks for the offer to send a sample out.

My main concern is are these compatible with my current Glock factory barrel with the hexagonal rifling and does this ammo necessitate additional cleaning over jacked bullets?

I've read some things about lead in the Glock barrels but I'm no expert on this.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Beaver County)

Yes they are compatable with factory Glock barrels as well as any other polygonal riddled barrel. It's actually one of the main selling features. I've ran just over 1k through my G20 at 1150fps this IDPA season. I purposely never cleaned the barrel all season and it was just as clean at the end of the season as when I started.

The coating does not strip off going down the barrel. It simply is compressed along with the bullet as it engages the rifling providing a barrier between the steel of the barrel and the softer lead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123