Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default My first OC experience.

I decided to OC for the first time tonight. I have been thinking about it for a while and I figured now was as good a time as any. My fiancé and I had some shopping to do so I popped my S&W sigma 9mm into my Blackhawk serpa and off we went. I was a little unsure about our first stop, we had to go to Babies R Us to pick up a gift for my step brothers new baby. I knew there would be a lot of moms and kids and I figured one of them was bound to get freaked out and complain to the store manager or call the police or something. I was dead wrong, as far as I could tell nobody even noticed. Next stop Dicks across the street from Franklin Mills, I think one lady did a little double take but not a word from anyone. Then we went to Modells in the Port Richmond area of Philadelphia, again nobody appeared to care or even notice. Last stop just a corner store for a water ice and this is where it got interesting............. Nobody seemed to care there either. I couldn't ask for a better first OC experience, kind of what I expected.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: My first OC experience.

Quote Originally Posted by apython View Post
    .... I was dead wrong, as far as I could tell nobody even noticed......{snip}... Nobody seemed to care there either
    Amazing isn't it?

Good report and good job. Happy OC'in

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Chester County)

That is the scary part about OC...it is so easy and fun!!!! People don't pay attention, you know how many times I have OCed and no one even noticed or even payed attention?? I had one guy walk right into me he was talking on his cellphone and looking at something. He slammed right in to me and never even said a word and just kept on going. I don't think he even realized I was there.

Just OC with confidence, don't look nervous. Act like you would without a gun on. It is what I do, except for one thing I do change. I am very nice and very respectful when I am out OCing. Hold doors for those with full hands, yes mams and yes sirs and just be nice. If people see others carrying guns and they are being nice eventually the bad stigma that surrounds us gun carriers will go away. The public will learn that we are good guys and the only ones who carry guns to hurt people are criminals. Those criminals are the very reasons why there is a second amendment, and why carrying a gun is a nesecity!!!

P.S. Excellent job well done.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lebanon County)

Really great to hear another positive story!

(Lebanon County)

Good report, keep 'em coming. About the Models in Port Richmond, was it the one by Castor and Aramingo? If so, that is right around the corner from my fiancees family. I'll be Ocing in that area every time we go down from now on. Hope to see you in the neighborhood
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Good stuff, glad it went well!

To back up KnightHawk's point a bit: Remember the hot rodders, back in the 1950s? They had one hell of a nasty stigma at first.

Two things improved that- good manners, and letting the people know who hot rodders were. OC can be made publicly acceptable the same way. Just let them know we're there, and being a model citizen in the process helps a great deal.
    VMJade
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

(Schuylkill County)

Nice job. I will agree with the scareyness of O.C. for the first time. It took me a few moments to open my front door when i openly carried for the first time. I always watch the way i dress and how i act when i am carrying although i am starting to be more relaxed now. I think the way you present yourself when your carrying says alot more than words could ever say.

Good report!