Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Carrying while on the can

Hello
    A few weeks ago there was a thread here or similar site that discussed side arms possibly falling out while in a restroom doing business.
    Tonight while on the can I paid a little more attention to what happens while sitting down.

The problem is quite simple, especially for OWB. When the belt is unbuckled the weight of the firearm pulls the belt out of the loop or at least that direction and droops down. Depending on the flexibility of the belt it can droop to the floor and the belt can come out of the first belt loop making things worse.

Is there a product available that you can simply clip on the belt forward of the first belt loop that will prevent it from backing out? It only has to hold snug and be a little larger than the loop. If not available I'm sure it would be a marketable idea for a holster maker or similar to offer.

Thoughts?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Carrying while on the can

Yes. Past summer a female teacher blew up a toilet when her pistol came out of wherever/however she was carrying it. Unknown what was her attire. So, it's an equal-opportunity embarrasser.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamltnblue View Post
    Hello
    A few weeks ago there was a thread here or similar site that discussed side arms possibly falling out while in a restroom doing business.
    Tonight while on the can I paid a little more attention to what happens while sitting down.

The problem is quite simple, especially for OWB. When the belt is unbuckled the weight of the firearm pulls the belt out of the loop or at least that direction and droops down. Depending on the flexibility of the belt it can droop to the floor and the belt can come out of the first belt loop making things worse.

Is there a product available that you can simply clip on the belt forward of the first belt loop that will prevent it from backing out? It only has to hold snug and be a little larger than the loop. If not available I'm sure it would be a marketable idea for a holster maker or similar to offer.

Thoughts?
    What holster? All my OWB holsters are either paddle, or have 2 points of attachment to the belt. In the case of the paddle I make sure the paddle goes over the belt and pants together.

With the belt loop style, or pancake holster with 2 belt slots, I always position the holster with a belt loop from the pants in between the 2 belt loops of the holster, severely limiting its ability to pull away.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Run the tongue of the belt around the first loop and back under it again. A good quality belt will be stiff enough to stay there.

(Mercer County)

Drop trow, sit down, and then refasten your belt below your knees. Apply outward pressure with your legs, and the problem is solved.

On another note, I pity the fool who comes at me when I'm dropping a deuce.
    When a noise is loud enough, you lose hearing in that tone and range. I believe similar things can happen to the nose.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lancaster County)

Ask the men's room attendant to hold it for you?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    What holster? All my OWB holsters are either paddle, or have 2 points of attachment to the belt. In the case of the paddle I make sure the paddle goes over the belt and pants together.

With the belt loop style, or pancake holster with 2 belt slots, I always position the holster with a belt loop from the pants in between the 2 belt loops of the holster, severely limiting its ability to pull away.
    No prob with paddle but don't like them.
    Belt loop holsters have issues with Stiff or flexible belt. It doesn't have to pull back much to have an issue. Hook the belt back up is an option but not if you use the lineman stance . As noted does anyone make a clip that simply clamps on the belt and wont slide through the loop? it would definitely fix the issue.

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: Carrying while on the can

Might be worth a look?
    http://n82tactical.com

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Run the tongue of the belt around the first loop and back under it again. A good quality belt will be stiff enough to stay there.
    My belt is hard enough to get through the buckle. There's no way it's looping 360° the wrong way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast