Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 201

Default 201

I see a lot of posts about 302's and such but I haven't seen anything about a 201. can some one explain why?

(York County)

Default Re: 201

Quote Originally Posted by akroma View Post
    I see a lot of posts about 302's and such but I haven't seen anything about a 201. can some one explain why?
    No one cares?
    Isn't a 201 a voluntary commitment? I'm working from my cell phone and it has its limits. If a 201 is indeed a voluntary commitment, it is not prohibiting with respecting to owning, buying, possessing, or obtaining a license to carry firearms.

Hence, not a lot to discuss.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    No one cares?
    Isn't a 201 a voluntary commitment? I'm working from my cell phone and it has its limits. If a 201 is indeed a voluntary commitment, it is not prohibiting with respecting to owning, buying, possessing, or obtaining a license to carry firearms.

Hence, not a lot to discuss.
    ^^^This^^^

201 doesn't carry the same consequences as a 302.

As Curmudgeon stated, a 201 is voluntary and as far as I understand, does not prohibit you from owning firearms.

Here is the statute related to mental health, commitment and being prohibited.

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...sfer-firearms/

(4) A person who has been adjudicated as an incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution for inpatient care and treatment under section 302, 303 or 304 of the provisions of the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L. 817, No. 143), [FN2] known as the Mental Health Procedures Act. This paragraph shall not apply to any proceeding under section 302 of the Mental Health Procedures Act unless the examining physician has issued a certification that inpatient care was necessary or that the person was committable.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, it's as prohibiting as a speeding ticket is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

if such a certificate is made, who are the recipients of this certificate? I am researching
    differences in state laws.
    Last edited by akroma; November 17th, 2014 at 03:54 PM.

(Monroe County)

Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Yes I can. responses where off topic or where only specific to court cases.
    Last edited by akroma; November 18th, 2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: misunderstanding

(Beaver County)

Yes I can you twat. responses where off topic or where only specific to court cases.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/rules-129/175...fractions.html

You might want to read up on the rules before starting a name calling battle.

Just a little friendly advice.

I believe the post that apparently offended you was intended to be humorous.

YMMV.
    Last edited by GrumpyBear; November 18th, 2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Ok, maybe that was uncalled for I saw "motherfucker" and thought you meant me personally. Now maybe I think its just a funny gif. I apologize.

Here's the background I am suppose to write a psych paper and in an early search I discovered that felons can restore their rights seemingly in a much easier way than psych prohibits. So I figured that would be a good topic to demonstrate a disparity in society biased against mental illness or even just the perception of mental illness. I don't really have a good thesis statement yet and I'm not sure if I can get the sort of sources I need to write a well documented paper, as most of what I find is legalese garbage that doesn't define its own terminology well or else opinion pieces from people with an antigun agenda. PA has some different rules about it than some other states so I figured a page or two on PA would help demonstrate some of the things I want to talk about. I'd like to talk about a more open state, I was thinking VT but with the ATF unfunded restoration thing, maybe its six of one half a dozen of another.

sorry for the confusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast