Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Thanks Dennis Todd

Just want to share my thanks to Dennis Todd. I belive he deals mostly with NFA stuff but I needed a few small Colt parts to complete some SBR builds I have been working on. Even though it was a relatively small sale he spent a lot time helping me find the right parts and making sure I got everything I needed to install them. He was great to talk to, would have loved to chat with longer to learn from his impressive experience and knowledge.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Thanks Dennis Todd

It's good to see a nice shout out to Dennis Todd. I've bought a few submachineguns from him over the years since escaping from NJ back in the early 90's. He enlightened me about the whole NFA process when I first met him at the old Valley Forge gun show. I recently bought my dream gun from him - an MP40 - and he gave me excellent trade-in value on my Sten I put towards it. He and his wife Jenni are really great people to talk to and they are real enthusiasts. I saw them at the last Oaks show and I'm back to eyeing up a replacement Sten MkII they had....and so the cycle continues. LOL

Yep, they're good people.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Great people to deal with

(Northampton County)

He is a good source for Colt parts, and they are good people.

He really pissed me off at a gun show once though, acted like a complete ass, and gave people illegal gun advice. He stepped into a potential private sale of a rifle between two people from different states and tried to convince the seller that rifles can transfer between states with no FFL. Then he blew up on me and told me he was an FFL and knew. Everybody has a bad day at gun shows I guess.

This is the second time I mentioned this. Not to make him look bad, but hopefully somebody he knows can politely straighten him out on that point. He doesn't know me, so that's what I got. I don't think I'm going to bring it up again.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

He really pissed me off at a gun show once though, acted like a complete ass, and gave people illegal gun advice. He stepped into a potential private sale of a rifle between two people from different states and tried to convince the seller that rifles can transfer between states with no FFL. Then he blew up on me and told me he was an FFL and knew. Everybody has a bad day at gun shows I guess.

This is the second time I mentioned this. Not to make him look bad, but hopefully somebody he knows can politely straighten him out on that point. He doesn't know me, so that's what I got. I don't think I'm going to bring it up again.

I am not impressed with him either. A few years back I saw him trying to sell a transferable 1919a4 side plate gun to a guy as an original GI brought back from the war piece. Back then as well as now there are a few thousands difference in price between a side plate gun and a GI original C&R unit.

Then, I saw him at the SAR East show and I stopped by to check out a 20mm Lahti that he had. It was beat to crap, no numbers match and most of the stuff was missing from the beat coffin. It looked like it was pulled from the Finnish forest the week before. I asked him how much and he replied: "$20,000". I laughed in his face and said: "good, that means mine is worth $30,000 because of the condition, extra equipment and all the numbers match except the barrel".

There will always be folks who try to bring down the big dog, but the reality is that Dennis and Jennie have an impeccable reputation in the firearms community.

Until I see pics from someone who bought a sideplate gun after being told it was a minty original gun, I'll trust the thousands of happy customers and respectful competitors and my own personal experiences over the last 25 years of knowing Dennis, and then Jennie. Talk is cheap; earning a reputation takes time and integrity. Their rep is the gold standard among NFA enthusiasts.

There is nobody who is without critics. Nobody. Not Mother Theresa, not MLK, not Gandhi, not Walmart or Microsoft or the Salvation Army. If I ask the neighbors and ex-girlfriends and co-workers and former bosses of anyone here, I'm sure I'll find some horror stories. But what the vast majority of people say, matters.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Monroe County)

This issue was discussed some years back on subguns and basically NFA dealers rave about him. Keeping that in mind dealers do not screw dealers for obvious reasons, but given a chance a few will screw the uneducated customer.

Tried to deal with them a few times. I have nothing nice to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

I heard his prices are HIGH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast