Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Anyone from the Beach Lake area shoot on their property?

I was told it's legal to shoot on your property in BeachLake which is part of Berlin Township. I'm afraid to shoot on my property because I'm new to the area and don't want the neighbors complaining. I was wondering if anyone in Beachlake shoots on their property and would like to shoot together sometime.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Anyone from the Beach Lake area shoot on their property?

You've gotta go to the township office (or call) and ask about the ordnance. I'm in Damascus and was told "there isn't one.... Just don't shoot at people". Since you're right next door, I imagine it's similar, but call or stop by. I'd want a copy of it in case someone calls the cops so you can show them the ordnance in the event they are unfamiliar with it.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by plinKing View Post
    You've gotta go to the township office (or call) and ask about the ordnance. I'm in Damascus and was told "there isn't one.... Just don't shoot at people". Since you're right next door, I imagine it's similar, but call or stop by. I'd want a copy of it in case someone calls the cops so you can show them the ordnance in the event they are unfamiliar with it.
    I know Damascus, that's right above BeachLake. I did call the township office the other day to ask, the lady on the phone said "no, I just hope people who shoot don't do something stupid", her exact words. I think it would bring a lot of attention from the neighbors if I started shooting on my property. You shoot on your property in Damascus?

(Wayne County)

Did she cite the actual ordnance? or just her personal opinion..? I would show up and ask for a copy of the ordnance. See what it says and then proceed accordingly.

Attention from neighbors is one thing, legality is another. I can't imagine a whole mess of people in that area being anti-gun, and if you follow common courtesies (i don't shoot before noon, etc) I can't see there would be a problem.

Depends on how much you don't want to piss off the neighbors. For me, I pay my taxes, I shoot safely, I only shoot for an hour or 2 four or five days a month (max), neighbors can kiss my ass.

Even in the Communist Republic of New Yorkistan you can shoot on your own property provided there are no dwellings within 500 feet.