Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: So what can Wolf and Kane do?

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Seriously, I came in here to write "Go fuck themselves." Damn.
    Hey, gotta be quick. There's some brain power banging around on here. I was going to say "suck it", but the thrill is gone now. They both got picked last for kick ball in the third grade, so they have a lot to make up for. Stand by and spread your cheeks. Gonna be a bumpy ride.

(Chester County)

I think there will be an extraction tax, but I think the Republicans would have done it regardless of who the governor is. The big question is how the money will be earmarked. wolf has promised it to the teachers' unions, and the free stuff brigade will have something to say about that. There are Republican proposals to spend it on transportation projects.

I don't believe an extraction tax will be directly passed to consumers. Gas is sold in a national market, and every other state that has gas has an extraction tax. A new tax will, however, influence producers' decisions on where to drill.

The biggest shift is in the state senate. Defeat of Pileggi by Corman for the position of Majority Leader is huge. Pileggi was our biggest obstacle to everything. He is a two faced lying Democrat in Republican clothing. This was a big loss for the Dems, and will make Wolf's life miserable.

We survived Fast Eddie under worse circumstances.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

Corporations must maintain their gross margins (% profit) at all costs as they are responsible to a Board, and stock holders. They WILL pass all taxes along to their customers, and ultimately WE pay all corporate taxes, fees, etc. The other alternative is the company becomes insolvent, and closes shop.

Wolf, Obama, and their Commie cronies know this but lie, and dupe the populace into thinking otherwise.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    [/B]I'll take "Go fuck themselves" for $500, Alex.
    Damn, I got on the thread too late...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I think there will be an extraction tax, but I think the Republicans would have done it regardless of who the governor is. The big question is how the money will be earmarked. wolf has promised it to the teachers' unions, and the free stuff brigade will have something to say about that. There are Republican proposals to spend it on transportation projects.

I don't believe an extraction tax will be directly passed to consumers. Gas is sold in a national market, and every other state that has gas has an extraction tax.
    Almost none of them have corporate taxes, income taxes, or impact fees. We are charging the second highest taxes on these operations in the nation. With an extraction tax we won't only be charging the highest taxes, but 2nd place won't be in the ballpark. It won't make them all get up and leave, but it will probably reverse the direction from expansion to decline in PA. It will not simply be passed on to the consumer, or made part of the national price of gas and petroleum, it will reduce potential operations in PA.

Every deposit is judged on economics compared to what else is available. The US is loaded with this stuff. If it's cheaper somewhere else it won't be developed here.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Almost none of them have corporate taxes, income taxes, or impact fees. We are charging the second highest taxes on these operations in the nation. With an extraction tax we won't only be charging the highest taxes, but 2nd place won't be in the ballpark. It won't make them all get up and leave, but it will probably reverse the direction from expansion to decline in PA. It will not simply be passed on to the consumer, or made part of the national price of gas and petroleum, it will reduce potential operations in PA.

Every deposit is judged on economics compared to what else is available. The US is loaded with this stuff. If it's cheaper somewhere else it won't be developed here.

That is correct. Chessapeake is already moving rigs out of pa.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dans View Post
    That is correct. Chessapeake is already moving rigs out of pa.
    I think the PA legislature would have to pass a bill for Wolf to sign to raise fees/taxes on the fracking companies, but he may be able to do something like Obama, and have the PA DEP charge them more for drilling. That is probably his end game. Too bad, he will kill the PA golden goose. What morons the people in the Philly suburbs near me are to vote for economic collapse.

If you like you cheaper gasoline prices, you can't keep your cheaper gasoline prices.

We survived Fast Eddie under worse circumstances.

+1 , don't give the cocksuckers an inch.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I think the PA legislature would have to pass a bill for Wolf to sign to raise fees/taxes on the fracking companies, but he may be able to do something like Obama, and have the PA DEP charge them more for drilling. That is probably his end game. Too bad, he will kill the PA golden goose. What morons the people in the Philly suburbs near me are to vote for economic collapse.

If you like you cheaper gasoline prices, you can't keep your cheaper gasoline prices.
    Some of the more conservative reps from our area support an extraction tax. They know better, but they want to appease the electorate, most of whom believe that it will be a tax on only the big bad oil companies and will have no negative effects on the public. If they can pass a tax without pissing off voters, they will do it. No politician ever thinks he has enough money to spend.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Tioga County)

Up here in Tioga County, Shell has made some long term plays to lock down their holdings here. 10 year leases instead of 5 and trading with other companies to make it viable for them to put wells in.

But I think they are aiming at more of a slow burn than big boom. They will add a well or two here or there to meet demands for the gas pipeline to NYC but that's it.

Also as they have already shown, if prices fall enough or costs get too high, they simply mothball wells, as they have since 2011.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast