Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sig MPX

(Butler County)

Default Re: Sig MPX

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Yeah,polymer mags aren't really my first choice for a weapon that I'm going to put my life on the line with.
    I would like to see some steel or at least aluminum mags for this gun.
    I'm curious as to why you think that?

I've never "feared for my life" with a series of magazines that say "glock" or "magpul" on them.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think that?

I've never "feared for my life" with a series of magazines that say "glock" or "magpul" on them.

Glock mags are metal lined and have proven reliability for decades.
    Magpul mags are good, but I had a bad one just a week ago.
    But every factory mag whether it was steel or aluminum always work.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Glock mags are metal lined and have proven reliability for decades.
    Magpul mags are good, but I had a bad one just a week ago.
    But every factory mag whether it was steel or aluminum always work.
    Huh. For a while in the 1990s, the only preban standard capacity mags I had for a glock 19 were NFML. They didn't drop free. But they always went bang and continue to do so today. You mention decades--did you know that for the first decade they sold glocks, the mags lacked a full metal liner. Fully lined mags did not come about until 1992 or so.

I had a carbine class recently where my colt 6720 (shipped with a PMAG) would not seat either D&H or Brownells mags with >27 on a closed bolt while happily taking PMags loaded to 30.

I find that sweeping generalizations about mag material and some variation of "trust my life" unpersuasive. I run what I've personally proven to work in the gun. Dogmatic mantra about material should be second to what you personally find runs right in your gun.

(Lancaster County)

+1

Use what works in your firearm. I have a 1911 that would never work correctly with any Kimber steel magazines. I use what works and don't always blame the firearm manufacturer because some brand of magazine won't work in their gun. Even a factory model can have problems in any random gun.

You can easily search and find forums about specific magazines, steel or aluminum or plastic that will and won't work in various guns.

(Lackawanna County)

Just in case anyone is still interested.
    Was a good day. Sig finally shipped the stock I ordered on August 18.

If you are waiting on a stock and have been for awhile call them and switch your order to the new style stock. It's not any different. Overall I'm not happy at all with how sig handled the old style stock to the new style at all but it is what it is. I was basically told if I hadn't called they would have eventually trickle filled them but weren't in any hurry to do so.

Here is also a gem 2 already that is going to accept caliber changes if you so chose to go that route. If you've got a gen 1 you get the gen 2 upper at cost so you can have that ability. Since I bought this to be a 9mm I don't really have any need to do so. Unless I can get a 10mm

There is also going to be gen 1 and gen 2 mags and sig has no plans of dropping support for either at this time. I have plans of grabbing a four inch barrel for mine as well

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Just in case anyone is still interested.
    Was a good day. Sig finally shipped the stock I ordered on August 18.

If you are waiting on a stock and have been for awhile call them and switch your order to the new style stock. It's not any different. Overall I'm not happy at all with how sig handled the old style stock to the new style at all but it is what it is. I was basically told if I hadn't called they would have eventually trickle filled them but weren't in any hurry to do so.

Here is also a gem 2 already that is going to accept caliber changes if you so chose to go that route. If you've got a gen 1 you get the gen 2 upper at cost so you can have that ability. Since I bought this to be a 9mm I don't really have any need to do so. Unless I can get a 10mm

There is also going to be gen 1 and gen 2 mags and sig has no plans of dropping support for either at this time. I have plans of grabbing a four inch barrel for mine as well
    That a great looking gun. Does that stock make this an sbr ?

(Lackawanna County)

Yes it is an sbr now.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanx for the clarification, makes for an awesome sbr !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234