Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Dems move to block new Pennsylvania gun rights law

That's the hottest thing I ever heard a woman say.
    Ah shucks,... you're just saying that because it's true.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    http://www.guns.com/2014/11/10/dems-...un-rights-law/

A collection of lawmakers, allied with a state gun control group, are challenging a bill — the “strongest firearms preemption statute in the country” — signed into law by Gov. Corbett (R) earlier this month.

And this is one more way that Wolf and his anti-gun zealots are going to hurt us. He and his cabal will support this lawsuit and will not enforce the law as written. We have a rough road ahead of this. We now have an executive branch full of the most rabid anti gunners in the nation. They will make anti gun actions the first priority of this administration.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Nearly every news report yesterday and today makes it sound like a battle between the evil NRA and the poor cities that just want to stop the flow of blood in the streets. Exactly what was the NRA's involvement with this bill, if any?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Nearly every news report yesterday and today makes it sound like a battle between the evil NRA and the poor cities that just want to stop the flow of blood in the streets. Exactly what was the NRA's involvement with this bill, if any?
    Heard it the same way "a law that allows the NRA to sue cities".

WTF???

The voting bloc under mayors like Yinzburgh's Puddootoe are wayyyyyy to fuckin' stoopid to determine the difference.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Some of you that think it's OK to vote for people that promise a free handout and to provide for every need as we know are same people that are responsible for passing unconstitutional laws and then try to justify them by suing. These bitter anti gun zealots will never stop in their purpose to disarm you and then control every aspect of your life. They make no apologies for their beliefs and I will fight these people with all my body and spirit until my dying day. I despise these gun grabbers because they are communists and they believe they are the only ones to control all things. Some day they will get theirs and if I'm fortunate enough I will be there to deliver their final defeat.
    Awesome.............just awesome.

(Philadelphia County)

Any law that pisses off anti-gunners is a good law.

(Allegheny County)

Let me see....

the number of people I have arrested with a permit and a stolen gun..... 0

the number of people I have arrested with a stolen gun and no permit.... LOTS

Value of this legislation..... less than 0.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Let me see....

the number of people I have arrested with a permit and a stolen gun..... 0

the number of people I have arrested with a stolen gun and no permit.... LOTS

Value of this legislation..... less than 0.

This legislation being HB80?

(Chester County)

This legislation being HB80?
    I believe he means reporting stolen gun legislation as in the once great City of Lancaster.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The PG has an editorial today. Not one mention of the fact that the municipalities are violating state law. And the first commenter tells about the mayor of Lancaster waiving the bloody red shirt, "for the children."

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/...s/201411300005

Courtroom target: Cities challenge a bad law that serves the NRA
    November 12, 2014 12:00 AM
    By the Editorial Board

A group of Democratic state legislators and the cities of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Lancaster filed a lawsuit against Republican leaders Monday in an attempt to prevent an irresponsible, counterproductive law from going into effect.

Last month, in the closing days of the legislative session, two bills that previously had been introduced were combined into one. House Bill 80 would have created a specific legal offense for the theft of copper wiring and scrap metal. HB 1243 would have given the National Rifle Association and similar organizations legal standing to challenge any municipal gun control ordinances in the state.

Act 192, signed by Gov. Tom Corbett, does both and that’s the problem. Under state law, legislation should be limited to one, original topic. The plaintiffs in the Commonwealth Court lawsuit argue the resulting bill and the way it was amended render the law unconstitutional.

The Legislature’s error in passing the measure, and Mr. Corbett’s in signing it, goes beyond the procedural issue, though. It would subvert the intention of local officials who have enacted sensible gun rules.

Thirty municipalities, including Pittsburgh, have ordinances that require owners to inform police if a handgun is lost or stolen. The aim is to curb straw purchases, which enable criminals who cannot legally buy guns to do so. The NRA challenged Pittsburgh’s law, but courts ruled that it didn’t have legal standing. Under Act 192, the NRA would have that power — and it will use it.

This lawsuit is a pre-emptive strike but, if it doesn’t prevail, expect the NRA to sue every town with a gun law on its books. And because of anti-taxpayer language in the act, local residents could wind up paying the NRA’s legal expenses.

Commonwealth Court should find this bad law unconstitutional.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast