I had been looking for a pocket .380 for a while. Did some research and all of the options had their issues, but the TCP had a great price, decent reviews, lifetime warranty and the slide locked back after the last round. Couple months ago, I saw a great deal on a Taurus TCP .380 at a LGS. Fate told me 100% that this was the gun to get - purchased in July.

Fast forward to this past Wed. - I finally get some time to get to the range and try this thing out. Gun came with 2 mags. - 6 and 8 rounder. Well, the 8 round must have an issue. Every time I used it, at some point, the slide would lock back after a shot and not load a new round into the chamber. I thought maybe the gun just needed to be broken in, but then I switched to the 6 round and had no issues whatsoever.

Another problem I encountered while shooting, I noticed the takedown pin or what Taurus calls the "Disassembly Latch" start coming out while shooting. I had already shot about 30 rounds or so and then noticed this starting to happen. So, I just pushed it back in and finished what I had in the magazine. Took the gun apart, didn't see anything except that the pin was very easy to take out. I cleaned the gun when I first got it and didn't remember this pin being that easy to pull out. If anyone has a TCP, you know what I'm talking about.

I decided to continue shooting and see what happens. During each session, the pin worked it's way out, at some point during a 6 round mag. The pin would come out randomly, sometimes after one shot, three shots or a full 6 shot mag. I simply would just push it back in if it came out. Conclusion - this gun is messed up.

I call Taurus yesterday and am on hold for 45 minutes before someone finally picks up - so already I'm not in a good mood. The CS rep was ok, but seemed inexperienced and sounded like she was reading off cue cards - not very personal. She put me on hold three times because she said she had to discuss my issues with someone. Finally it was decided that the gun and 8-rd mag needed to be sent back. The 8-rd mag would be replaced with a 6-rd mag because they evidently don't make the 8-rd anymore. Fine, I only planned on using the 8 rounder for practice sessions. She goes through all the technical jargon and gets to the part where she says I can ship the gun to them via UPS or Fed EX. "Hold on there," I said, "I have to pay to have this shipped to you." Yes sir, she said, we pay to ship it back to you, but the customer needs to pay to have it sent to us. I told her, I don't think that's fair, this gun is brand new and has multiple issues and I have to pay money out of my pocket to have this sent back. Can I speak to a supervisor about this. She puts me on hold, again, and I sit for about 5 minutes. The same CS rep comes back on the line and says that all supervisors are currently busy, so I'll just authorize a shipping label for you. That'd be great I said. Email for the shipping label came within five minutes.

Sorry for the long post. I just hope Taurus fixes the problem the first time. I've read stories where people have sent guns back for warranty work multiple times until problems are fixed correctly. If anyone is interested, I'll update when I get the gun back.