Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Selling mounted game

Some people will pay a serious amount of money for taxidermy mounts. Look on eBay. There's mounts of all kinds of game animals that go for big money. The PA law is very grey if you read it. I feel it is on the books to defray poaching for sale, but I do not believe it deters criminals in any manner from doing criminal activities such as poaching for trophy size game. If you have a mount that you want to sell, go get the permit to sell it.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    Some people will pay a serious amount of money for taxidermy mounts. Look on eBay. There's mounts of all kinds of game animals that go for big money. The PA law is very grey if you read it. I feel it is on the books to defray poaching for sale, but I do not believe it deters criminals in any manner from doing criminal activities such as poaching for trophy size game. If you have a mount that you want to sell, go get the permit to sell it.
    Laws are for the honest people
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Sale of inedible wildlife parts. My Dad killed a buck in 1953 and had the skin made into shooting mitts (which I still wear hunting) and a handbag for Mom.
    Back then you could sell the skin to recover some costs. Then meat cutters began claiming the skin as part of the deal so they could sell it. Dunno when this law was enacted, amended, and (apparently) amended again in 2001, but it belongs with Philly's 1800s law against owning and using a bathtub.

(Lehigh County)

Red face Re: Selling mounted game

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Dunno when this law was enacted, amended, and (apparently) amended again in 2001, but it belongs with Philly's 1800s law against owning and using a bathtub.
    Is that why the house I used to live in Philly only had showers? On the subject most of the mounts I have seen for sale are estates, thus the first exception applies. I don't know if auctioneers get the specified permit.
    Last edited by gghbi; November 6th, 2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12