Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Colt python values??

hey guys, I am getting ready to list a Python up for sale and have no idea how to value it. I sold my last python years ago for a really nice number (mind you that was an unfired NIB 8" blue gun). This ones SN is K67131, 4" nickel gun that has been shot under 50 rounds. it currently has an 8" barrel installed however I do have the 4" original barrel still that I can have reinstalled if the buyer would like.

The gun has all the original box and papers and everything. I looked at gun broker and gunsamerica and the prices are literally all over the place. I would say the gun is in 95%+ condition.. it currently has very nice wood grips installed however I do have the original black colt grips that can be swapped back on.

This is NOT a forsale thread, If anyone is interested I will get it listed post haste once I figure out what she's worth.

What say ye' masters of firearms?

this is the only picture i have at the moment, I can get better quality ones if that would help value it.

Thanks in advance! rep to everyone that gives me solid advice
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Warren County)

Default Re: Colt python values??

Nice looking Python, does look a bit different with the longer non nickel barrel. Take this for what it's worth, put the original barrel and grips back on. Take pictures and move your posting over to the Colt forum. Lots of Colt experts there who can help you out. On a different note. I bought my 4" nickel Python about 18 months ago w/out a box or any paperwork and I paid $1800 plus tax and I thought I got a good deal.

Good luck!
    Last edited by chez323; November 4th, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    Nice looking Python, does look a bit different with the longer non nickel barrel. Take this for what it's worth, put the original barrel and grips back on. Take pictures and move your posting over to the Colt forum. Lots of Colt experts there who can help you out. On a different note. I bought my 4" nickel Python about 18 months ago w/out a box or any paperwork and I paid $1800 plus tax and I thought I got a good deal.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I dropped the gun off at Claytons to have the barrels swapped.. after two weeks with the gun and no calls I went up to do a transfer and pick the python up... turns out they didn't have the right tool to swap it and figured it was best to not call me and let me know that.. With that being said, I WILL have it swapped over IF the buyer wants (assuming there is a buyer), I don't see a point at the moment though since it's just sitting in a safe.

Also, I am not a member on the colt forums, I suppose I could join up however I know forum members can be a little hostile to noobs who just join up looking for help with things.

My Feedback:

(Warren County)

they are pretty good over there, every forum has people like that but just ignore them. Sign up, introduce yourself and then head to the Python forum and post your pic's/ask your questions. Though it might be worth the wait to do the barrel swap first. Your reviews will be more positive with the correct barrel in place.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
    Thanks, I dropped the gun off at Claytons to have the barrels swapped.. after two weeks with the gun and no calls I went up to do a transfer and pick the python up... turns out they didn't have the right tool to swap it and figured it was best to not call me and let me know that.. With that being said, I WILL have it swapped over IF the buyer wants (assuming there is a buyer), I don't see a point at the moment though since it's just sitting in a safe.

Also, I am not a member on the colt forums, I suppose I could join up however I know forum members can be a little hostile to noobs who just join up looking for help with things.
    Best not to call? What a load. Nice gun, I would want the original barrel on it. Probibly $1800.00 is fair. They won't ever be made again. All original with box and everything maybe $2500.00. Python collectors bid the prices high. Ever think of nickel plating the long barrel?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Best not to call? What a load. Nice gun, I would want the original barrel on it. Probibly $1800.00 is fair. They won't ever be made again. All original with box and everything maybe $2500.00. Python collectors bid the prices high. Ever think of nickel plating the long barrel?
    I was being sarcastic. I keep having shitty experiences there and like an idiot keep going back for some reason. I don't really want to put money into is since I want it sold, the new owner can absolutely have it plated though. I was quoted $200 to swap barrels, does that sound fair?

My Feedback:

(Berks County)

I was being sarcastic. I keep having shitty experiences there and like an idiot keep going back for some reason. I don't really want to put money into is since I want it sold, the new owner can absolutely have it plated though. I was quoted $200 to swap barrels, does that sound fair?
    As long as its done right and no marks on gun, the gap is correct, barrel not canted. $200 ok. If its gonna take three months knock off fifty. Just my opinion.

I think your best bet is to put it on Gunbroker. No reserve, and start the bid at the minimum you would settle for.

I am usually ballsy and start my auctions at $1.00, and to date i have never been burned. I only suggest GB because it gets national attention, and since it has to be transferred anyway, there really is no down side.

Good luck with it, it is def an interesting piece.

(Montgomery County)

My Feedback:

(Montgomery County)

Post Re: Colt python values??

Still have it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast