Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default POLL: SUPPORT FOR REPEAL OF GUN CONTROL LAWS ON THE RISE SINCE 2000

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ise-Since-2000

A Gallup poll released in the days leading up to the November midterm elections not only shows that support for gun control has fallen by 15 percent since 2000, but support for the repeal of current gun control laws has risen by 9 percent.
    In other words, it's not a situation where Americans simply do not support more gun control. Rather, it's one in which they increasingly support wiping gun control laws off the books.
    According to Gallup, 62 percent of Americans supported more gun control in 2000. That figures has fallen to 47 percent on the eve of the 2014 midterm elections. Over the same time period, support for repealing gun control has risen from five percent in 2000 to 14 percent in 2014.
    A third contingent in the poll -- people who believe we have enough gun laws already -- has also risen. This group went from 31 percent in 2000 to 38 percent now.
    The Gallup poll also showed that American support for private handgun ownership skyrocketed between 1959 and this point in 2014. For example, in 1959, 36 percent of Americans opposed a ban on the ownership of handguns. That percentage has jumped 41 points, sitting at 73 percent now.
    Americans love their handguns and increasingly support the repeal of gun control.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Default Re: POLL: SUPPORT FOR REPEAL OF GUN CONTROL LAWS ON THE RISE SINCE 2000

Keep up the good work obola.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: POLL: SUPPORT FOR REPEAL OF GUN CONTROL LAWS ON THE RISE SINCE 2000

I have seen evidence of the drift away from tighter gun control laws right here in my own neighborhood. I attribute that to the increase in gun crimes across the country and to the fact that people are finally getting the message that guns are not the problem but that it is evil people and psychologically unstable who have guns that are the problem. I also think that people are finally realizing that obtaining a gun on the black market and thus avoiding background checks is relatively easy for the criminally minded, and that the psychologically impaired will pass a background check unless they have already committed a violent act.

I think the reports of people stopping violence because they have a gun and can use it is changing minds. Nearby me 2 months ago local media reported a family was about to enter their house when 5 (yes 5) guys came out from along side the house and one pulled a gun on them and ordered the family into the house. The husband responded by drawing his concealed pistol and shooting the one with the gun. The culprits fled and one bled.

My neighbor and I are very friendly and he knows I have a gun and CC permit. He has always chided me for having a gun. When the above news broke he changed his tune. He wanted to know about selecting a gun and learning to use it. I provided him with the info he wanted.

Finally (really), what I object to is the legitimate sale of guns to good people who have no idea how to safely keep and use a gun. More so than background checks I think gun buyers should have to undergo some basic gun safety course (a couple of hours) before being able to purchase their first gun, or should show evidence that they had such training in the past.

I you want to legally drive a car in PA you have to prove you can drive by having a drivers license. The state does that because a poor driver can be a deadly driver. How about a poor gun handler. I understand that driving is a privilege and owning a gun is a right. Still, I think there would be less support for gun control if there were more effective means of assuring that gun owners had a good basic knowledge of gun safety and gun handling.