Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Ex con shoots himself in NYC

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1995589

A 36-year-old ex-con accidentally shot himself in the leg inside the Port Authority Bus Terminal early Saturday.

Joey Riddick was waiting for a bus when he kicked his luggage and a 12-gauge shotgun packed inside went off, blasting him in the left calf just after 6 a.m.

Port Authority cops made a tourniquet out of a bandanna to stem the bleeding, sources said.

Riddick, who was traveling from Worcester, Mass., to Allentown, Pa., was taken to Bellevue Hospital. Riddick’s wound was not life-threatening and charges against him were pending late Saturday, officials said. Riddick’s record includes convictions for murder, robbery and criminal possession of a weapon, officials said.

My problem with this story is the fact that this guy was convicted of murder, and he was let out on the streets so he could kill again. Yet we are constantly being told that the gun is the problem. It's also very apparent that the so called SAFE ACT isn't stopping criminals from carrying loaded weapons. I just wish the people in New York would wake up. They don't care so long as they get their free shit I guess.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Ex con shoots himself in NYC

The gun control measures like the SAFE act are in place to control people. They have nothing to do with controlling crime. Criminals by definition are those who break the law. They have no intent on complying with the SAFE act or any other gun control law.

I'm just glad he shot himself before he made it to PA.

(Lancaster County)

Wait wait wait ..... Are you telling me that this guy obtained his firearm illegally in nyc . With all that legislation that NY has to prevent just that? No no way it couldn't happen I mean who doesn't follow stupid legislation? Oh yeah that's right criminals who aren't planning on following the law to begin with. But realistically if he made it to pa then his odds of running into unarmed victims drastically lowers. Just like his life expectancy.

Thugs like this reveal a very strange dichotomy to me. They are both smart and stupid at the same time.

First, he has to be kind of smart. I have no idea how to go about getting a gun illegally. I would screw that up in a heartbeat. I am not that smart. I don't know who to ask, how to ask it, or how to handle such a transaction. I suppose I could buy from a private party and lie to them if they ask if I am prohibited, but I am certain I would screw it up royally.

But I am smart enough not to load up a shotgun, put it in a bag, point the bag toward myself, and then kick it. I am waaaaaay smarter than that. I will probably outlive this fellow, and probably get shot fewer times than him, and get sodomized fewer times, and I hope to God I ride a bus from Worchester to NYC to Allentown fewer times.

So altogether I put myself as much smarter than him, despite the dichotomy.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Wayne County)

More tax money to warehouse something that should be put down.

An of course this will be listed as some type of "gun violence" or "suicide try" by the bloomberg follies.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Wait wait wait ..... Are you telling me that this guy obtained his firearm illegally in nyc . With all that legislation that NY has to prevent just that? No no way it couldn't happen I mean who doesn't follow stupid legislation? Oh yeah that's right criminals who aren't planning on following the law to begin with. But realistically if he made it to pa then his odds of running into unarmed victims drastically lowers. Just like his life expectancy.
    Sounds like he might have obtained in Mass... and they're not much better
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Berks County)

Gee, I wonder where they got the bandanna to make a tourniquet?

Was it a red one or a blue one?

(Indiana County)

I'm assuming this was a Greyhound bus.

Greyhound prohibits the following in checked or carry-on luggage:
    Ammunition
    BB guns
    Compressed air guns
    Firearms
    Flare guns
    Gun lighters
    Parts of guns and firearms
    Pellet guns
    Realistic replicas of firearms
    Starter pistols

He's going to get in trouble with the Greyhound police.

(Fulton County)

[QUOTE=hog45;2890736]Thugs like this reveal a very strange dichotomy to me. They are both smart and stupid at the same time.

First, he has to be kind of smart. I have no idea how to go about getting a gun illegally. I would screw that up in a heartbeat. I am not that smart. I don't know who to ask, how to ask it, or how to handle such a transaction. I suppose I could buy from a private party and lie to them if they ask if I am prohibited, but I am certain I would screw it up royally.QUOTE]

I'm sure it wasn't too hard for him to obtain his gun. He probably made some good criminal connections when he was serving time in prison for murder, and hooked up his old buddies when he got out of the slammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast