Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Elections this Tuesday, any suggestions?

I usually go to the both and click on “vote all republican candidates” Then click vote button and walk out. If you can enlighten me little bit more about this elections I will greatly appreciate.

Thundrr1 told me that last time by clicking vote “all republican” I voted for wrong judge.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Elections this Tuesday, any suggestions?

This may help somewhat.

FOAC voters guide
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post
    I usually go to the both and click on “vote all republican candidates” Then click vote button and walk out. If you can enlighten me little bit more about this elections I will greatly appreciate.

Thundrr1 told me that last time by clicking vote “all republican” I voted for wrong judge.
    Pretty sure Thundrr1 is mistaken...

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Thanks for the guide, emptymag.

I, too, tend to assume the Republican vote when I am unsure. However, the first Stand Your Ground revisions that were vetoed by (then lame duck) Rendell were passed by the House, which had a (slight) Democrat majority at that time. Even though gun issues tend to be quite polarized between the two main parties, there are some Democrats in Pennsylvania who are supportive of gun rights.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Even though gun issues tend to be quite polarized between the two main parties, there are some Democrats in Pennsylvania who are supportive of gun rights.
    They may support gun rights during the campaign. They are appealing to the electorate who reside outside of Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia.

Even though gun issues tend to be quite polarized between the two main parties, there are some Democrats in Pennsylvania who are supportive of gun rights.
    To a lot of people that is absolutely impossible. I can think of 5 immediately that would vehemently disagree. I agree with your statement. Months ago I looked carefully at this race and made my choices based on a tough 'test' that I created.

Tom Wolf disqualified immediately, but otherwise scored 45% (70% cutoff to pass).
    In 2012, Obama was disqualified immediately, but scored a 43%.

Tom Corbett was disqualified immediately, but otherwise scored 52%. In 2012, Mitt Romney passed muster but scored a 35%, missing the cutoff. For not going after the gay marriage ban overturn, I 'helped' him to meet the minimum cutoff of 60% for Republicans and Independents.

Ken Krawchuk passed Constitutional muster and scored 85%. In 2012, Gary Johnson passed muster and scored a 92%. I voted for this candidate.

I'm not voting for Corbett because of any party duty or any BS like that. This election is important enough that I had to make some tough choices. He passes (Corbett), barely, by my standards. Had he not passed, I would be voting for Krawchuk.

I will be voting straight R down the line. Costello (US-HOUSE) passed muster, as did Gillen (PA-HOUSE). As for the next election cycle... I will not be voting for Toomey or Sestak (if he runs again).

The cutoff is higher for Democrats because the DNC has declared a war on firearms.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; November 1st, 2014 at 10:09 PM.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    They may support gun rights during the campaign. They are appealing to the electorate who reside outside of Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia.
    I found the link to the FOAC site to be helpful. A few Democratic State Reps in my area of northeastern PA were endorsed, whereas Philadelphia and suburban region had most of the areas listed with "No suitable candidate." I am assuming that the FOAC webpage is looking at voting records beyond what looks good a few months before the election.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Delaware County)

Tell the low-information dumb-o-crats that election day is moved to Wednesday.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I found the link to the FOAC site to be helpful. A few Democratic State Reps in my area of northeastern PA were endorsed, whereas Philadelphia and suburban region had most of the areas listed with "No suitable candidate." I am assuming that the FOAC webpage is looking at voting records beyond what looks good a few months before the election.
    They go on voting records and/or a candidate questionnaire. They are non-partisan. And they grade (and take action) almost entirely on gun rights issues.

When their recommendation on candidates conflicts with the NRA (as it often does), I go with FOAC.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Bucks County)

Anyone but a D.

Because A D is in reality a C
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast