Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman's Forum

(Westmoreland County)

Default Woman's Forum

Does anyone else think that we need a Woman's Forum that lets them discuss such topics as....

1. Concealed carry for women
    2. Hunting for women and girls.
    3. Coping with Gun Control ninnies who try to appeal to women (Mom's Demand Action, etc).

Such a forum would allow women to discuss between themselves these issues without having to put up with being hit on, dealing with guys and let them discuss things in their own ways?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Woman's Forum

I got the impression somehow that they had one or kept in contact via other methods.

Dunno - I'm not stalking them (yet)...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Does anyone else think that we need a Woman's Forum that lets them discuss such topics as....

1. Concealed carry for women
    2. Hunting for women and girls.
    3. Coping with Gun Control ninnies who try to appeal to women (Mom's Demand Action, etc).

Such a forum would allow women to discuss between themselves these issues without having to put up with being hit on, dealing with guys and let them discuss things in their own ways?
    I think it's a good idea to have a section for women. I've seen it on other sites like the survivor forum and seem to add a positive aspect to those forums.

In my time here I've seen quite a few women join. A couple are regular contributors here but most post a couple of times and then quickly seem to disappear. The 2nd is something that we can use all the support we can get. Women being chased off for whatever reason does not help the cause. Having most of the forum as it is, but one section for women couldn't hurt in my opinion.

Unfortunately, there's an old Russian saying from the time of the Tsars, "put it in the petition box" which is what happens to most suggestions here.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I got the impression somehow that they had one or kept in contact via other methods.

Dunno - I'm not stalking them (yet)...
    There was a woman here at one point that did in fact open a woman only forum. I think it since closed but when discussed here, basically it came down to how do you keep the guys from commenting..

Personally I like the feminine POV, they do bring up different thoughts, they are obviously more protective of family values.

Meleanie Hain was one of the more respected ladies here in her day, There are still others, they generally speak up when they have to and I can respect that.

Of course, there is a little banter back and forth.. Example, I like Tootie's deck, she wants some of my sauce.. (Spaghetti sauce your pervs!)

Many of us left for a while some have yet to come back when the idea of a lady only area was proposed at one point.. I don't know how difficult it would be to setup, but maybe in days to come, it is something the new mods can bring to the forum meetings they must have.

If this is for your wife/daughter you might have them look up http://www.2asisters.org/ If its so you can lurk, just go to the gun babe thread
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 1st, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    There was a woman here at one point that did in fact open a woman only forum. I think it since closed but when discussed here, basically it came down to how do you keep the guys from commenting..

Personally I like the feminine POV, they do bring up different thoughts, they are obviously more protective of family values.

Meleanie Hain was one of the more respected ladies here in her day, There are still others, they generally speak up when they have to and I can respect that.

Of course, there is a little banter back and forth.. Example, I like Tootie's deck, she wants some of my sauce.. (Spaghetti sauce your pervs!)

Many of us left for a while some have yet to come back when the idea of a lady only area was proposed at one point.. I don't know how difficult it would be to setup, but maybe in days to come, it is something the new mods can bring to the forum meetings they must have.
    An example here from the survivalist forum.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=258071
    Last edited by internet troll; November 1st, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Whether is a good idea or not it will never happen here.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Delaware County)

This is sexist, genderist and just plain wrongist. Who will stand in judgement and decide what an obsolete, patriarchal term like a so-called "woman" is? If this forum is considered than I demand the following forums be considered as well:

Agender
    Androgyne
    Androgynes
    Androgynous
    Bigender
    Cis
    Cis Female
    Cis Male
    Cis Man
    Cis Woman
    Cisgender
    Cisgender Female
    Cisgender Male
    Cisgender Man
    Cisgender Woman
    Female to Male
    FTM
    Gender Fluid
    Gender Nonconforming
    Gender Questioning
    Gender Variant
    Genderqueer
    Intersex
    Male to Female
    MTF
    Neither
    Neutrois
    Non-binary
    Other
    Pangender
    Trans
    Trans Female
    Trans Male
    Trans Man
    Trans Person
    Trans*Female
    Trans*Male
    Trans*Man
    Trans*Person
    Trans*Woman
    Transexual
    Transexual Female
    Transexual Male
    Transexual Man
    Transexual Person
    Transexual Woman
    Transgender Female
    Transgender Person
    Transmasculine
    Two-spirit

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Whether is a good idea or not it will never happen here.
    What he said. This has actually come up in the past. Shot down ten. I would bet this suggestion will go the way of tapatalk.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    What he said. This has actually come up in the past. Shot down ten. I would bet this suggestion will go the way of tapatalk.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/214...e-section.html

In the words of the site owner from the above linked thread ....

This will not be implemented for the reasons already listed by doug.

But to point them out again in my own words...

1. It will segment the community. We are gun owners. We are black, white, liberal, conservative, male, female, gay, straight. I have no interest in dividing us into cliques, I seriously doubt the positives of doing so will outweigh the negatives.

2. It will be impossible to enforce, we have absolutely no way of determining who is male or female based on an anonymous account, so anyone will be able to post anyway. We also have no interest in enforcing this, the forum takes up enough of our time as it is.

With that said, I expect every member of this community to treat every other member of this community with a certain amount of respect.

I don't expect everyone to agree, I don't expect people to not point out when someone does or says something stupid. But I do expect everyone regardless of gender or race to be treated with the same basic level of respect.

ETA this was back in 2008, who knows, maybe it'll get some traction now?
    Last edited by soberbyker; November 1st, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/214...e-section.html

In the words of the site owner from the above linked thread ....

ETA this was back in 2008, who knows, maybe it'll get some traction now?
    Bet ten bucks?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast