Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How many here like SA/DA pistols??

How many here like SA/DA pistols??

(Perry County)

Default Re: How many here like SA/DA pistols??

Me.

I don't have a problem with the transition. I feel safer carrying than with a typical striker fired pistol because of the long initial pull. Then continue with a shooter friendly trigger pull for the rest.

I absolutely hate DA-only which is what PSP had me carry for many years. There is no benefit to that except idiot proofing. I don't need idiot proofing and I hate being reduced to the lowest common denominator.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Westmoreland County)

I hate them.

Truer words were never spoken when Col. Cooper described the system as "a solution in search of a problem".

If I were king of the world, they would be illegal to manufacture under pain of sin.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Me.

I don't have a problem with the transition. I feel safer carrying than with a typical striker fired pistol because of the long initial pull. Then continue with a shooter friendly trigger pull for the rest.

I absolutely hate DA-only which is what PSP had me carry for many years. There is no benefit to that except idiot proofing. I don't need idiot proofing and I hate being reduced to the lowest common denominator.
    I totally agree with your assessment. I have two CZ and a few Sigs that I just love. Its a very slight transition to S/A D/A but it just takes a little practice. I wont buy DA only pistols as well..

(Tioga County)

I don't mind them one bit, no problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I hate them.

Truer words were never spoken when Col. Cooper described the system as "a solution in search of a problem".

If I were king of the world, they would be illegal to manufacture under pain of sin.
    What SA DA pistols have you owned that you didnt like??

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I hate them.

I hated putting my back-up Glock in my vest holster. I was always certain that a bit of fabric was going to get in the trigger guard and put a .45 GAP in my side. Never had that feeling with my PPK because it would take some real pushing to get that hammer to move all the way rearward and drop.

I'm fine with a 1911 cocked and locked as well. XD with a grip safety, good to go. I just find the idea of safety deactivation on the bang switch to be a bit absurd.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Me.

^^^^ this. I like the inherent safety of the longer first pull, and I shoot them well enough that I don't feel like I'm giving up much in accuracy, if any. I'm really liking the Sig P-series pistols, with their decockers and SRT triggers.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    ^^^^ this. I like the inherent safety of the longer first pull, and I shoot them well enough that I don't feel like I'm giving up much in accuracy, if any. I'm really liking the Sig P-series pistols, with their decockers and SRT triggers.
    Now, if my SIG MK25 with the SRT wasn't shooting about 6 inches high at 25 yards, I'd agree completely. Where has SIG quality gone, let's ask Vince.

I'm fine with a 1911 cocked and locked as well. XD with a grip safety, good to go. I just find the idea of safety deactivation on the bang switch to be a bit absurd.
    +1 on all.

I don't have any issues with DA/SA, except I don't shoot them, anymore (all my pistol stuff is 1911, now), although my daughters both use DA/SA 24/7 Pro's. They definitely carry like a revolver even without the manual safety being set (for you knucklehead Taurus haters that may want to bash out, these pistols have been gone through with a fine tooth comb.....they will do the job intended).
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast