Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default My heart pumps blood for him

http://www.officer.com/online/articl...ion=1&id=42085

Teen Charged With Killing Maryland Officer Found Dead
    Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008
    Updated: June 30th, 2008 12:24 PM PDT

LAUREL, Md. --

A 19-year-old man charged with running down and killing a Prince George's County police officer died Sunday in his jail cell.

Police said Ronnie Lionel White, of Laurel, was the driver of a pickup truck that struck 39-year-old Cpl. Richard Findley on Friday. He was charged early Saturday with first-degree murder in the killing.

Prince George's County jail spokeswoman Vicki Duncan said White was found unconscious in his cell about 10:30 a.m. Sunday. She said White was alone in his cell and there were no signs of trauma.

White was admitted to the jail at 12:24 a.m. Saturday and given a medical assessment before being placed in a cell.

Jail officials said he had been classified as a "high-profile offender" and was being housed in a maximum security cell, alone. Guards checked on him every 30 minutes.

Guards had checked on White about 10:15 a.m. Sunday. At the time, he was sitting on the edge of his bunk and appeared alert, according to a press release.

When they returned at 10:30 a.m. with his lunch, corrections officers found White "sitting on the floor" of his jail cell, unresponsive, the release said.

Guards could not revive him or detect a pulse. An ambulance took him to the Prince George's County Hospital Center at 11:08 a.m. He was admitted at approximately 11:28 a.m. and pronounced dead at 11:39 a.m., the release said.

County Public Safety Director Vernon Herron has asked police to launch an investigation into White's death. The jail will conduct an internal investigation.

White was one of four people taken into custody Friday after Findley, a veteran police officer, was struck and killed by the driver of a stolen pickup.

Findley had been monitoring the truck on Laurel-Bowie Road when several men returned to the vehicle, police said. They rammed Findley's cruiser during an attempted traffic stop, then hit the officer when he got out of the cruiser.

According to court records, White pleaded guilty to illegal possession of a firearm last year, and in another case, to drug possession. In 2006, he was charged with first-degree assault and armed robbery, but the case was dropped, records show. Last November, he was sentenced to more than six months in prison, but it's not clear when he was released.

It was unclear if White had an attorney, and family members could not be immediately located.

A funeral for Findley is set for Thursday.

(York County)

Default Re: My heart pumps blood for him

I don't follow your sentiment here. Are you sorry he's dead, or don't you care?

Me I don't care. One less scumbag, drug dealing, murderer.
    3%

(Luzerne County)

I agree.... less court costs... less prison costs.... less worry about prison overcrowding.... its a win win situation....

Even if the parents sue and get some money we are still ahead of the game with him being off the streets....

(Chester County)

Wah wah. My medical training tells me that a 39 year old isn't sitting up one minute, and unrevivably unresponsive 15 minutes later save the possibility that he had a belly full of coke filled balloons and one burst. My suspicion is that whatever the "internal investigation" results are, it won''t make the news. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Montgomery County)

Last November, he was sentenced to more than six months in prison, but it's not clear when he was released.
    This is the real tragedy of this story. Had he not been released, the Officer would have still been alive today.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    This is the real tragedy of this story. Had he not been released, the Officer would have still been alive today.
    That's our system at its finest!
    Last edited by Chunky Monkey; June 30th, 2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: can't spell
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I don't follow your sentiment here. Are you sorry he's dead, or don't you care?

Me I don't care. One less scumbag, drug dealing, murderer.
    I agree its a sarcastic remark "My heart pumps blood for him" Means I'm not losing anything on him I don't care only for his victim

(Butler County)

That is the sh*t hole town I have been living in for the last year. I live about a mile from where that happened. I'm so happy my lease is up at the end of the month. It's a sad story for the officer and his family. Kinda would like to know how the driver died though. My first thoughts were some vigilanty justice.

Regards to the officer's family.

But as to the kid who killed him and was found dead...karma's a bitch.

(Delaware County)

Look at his past record. Imagine the innocent people who will not be victims now that he is dead, and rejoice this POS is where he belongs.

I agree with the sentiment this cretin should have never been released from jail.

This outrage will continue until we hold the judges, prosecutors and prison officials accountable for the deeds of these vermin when released before their entire sentence is served.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast