Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Open Carrier SWATted at Virginia 7-11

There's even the audio of the 9-1-1 phone call. Listen as the scum lies his miserable face off. Fucker.

http://bearingarms.com/virginia-open...-control-loon/

On 10/15/14 at about 5:30 pm, I stopped at a 7-11 for some coffee in the skyline area of Fairfax.

Like every other day when I’m off work, I had hopped on my motorcycle for a short ride. Being an open carry proponent, I didn’t think twice about putting on my every-day-carry pistol.

After leaving the 7-11, I went to the Verizon store for some quick shopping. Both stores are within five miles of my home. Chores done, I decided to go for a nice ride around the block.

What’s that Fairfax County officer looking at me like that for? Damn he’s going to pull me over! Yep… Lights, boop boop. Sigh.
    And they say they "can't prove criminal intent." What a load of crap. Even the 9-1-1 dispatcher sounds like he can tell this is bullshit.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; October 28th, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Junior

Default Re: Open Carrier SWATted at Virginia 7-11

Wow. they should get his name out to the dispatchers.I thought calling 911 false alarms was illegal in some manner
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Over the years much has been made of the false alarms fire companies are plagued with. Our township lost a fireman in an accident on the pumper he was riding, over a false alarm. The ratio of false alarms for police calls was probably much higher, but "SWATing" is a new deadlier form of it. False alarms before generally harassed the police. SWATing has a target for the police to deal with.

Knowing that SWATing could be the result of open carry, I guess that's another risk one has to accept by open carrying. Like someone who pokes a hornet's nest, I think that risk acceptance places some responsibility of the result on the carrier. There is such a thing as being dead right.

(Lawrence County)

This was something of a concern I had when I started OCing, though now I'm noticing that it's a fairly minor risk. I might have had someone who was going to call it in on me, but it never happened.

Hell, even walking into the local police department to file some reports while OCing wasn't an issue. Actually, it turned out to be a pretty good day there talking about personal choice in firearms with the officers. The sheriff's deputies around my area are pretty good about it too, and I've gotten into a dozen or so discussions on what we like to shoot, where we shoot, and what we like to carry around and wish we had.

Sounds like the person who called it in here wanted to take being an asshole and one-up the lady who posted signs about the father she noticed CCing while dropping his kids off near the bus stop.

I thought at one point the 911 dispatcher was going to put the caller on hold, call 7-11 and verify before going forward. With a sketchy sounding caller, it should be easy to quickly validate info. In such public places, like the Wal-Mart incident, a quick call could save lives.

(Montgomery County)

"Was he white, black, hispanic, asian?"

"Yes."

F'ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    There's even the audio of the 9-1-1 phone call. Listen as the scum lies his miserable face off. Fucker.

http://bearingarms.com/virginia-open...-control-loon/

And they say they "can't prove criminal intent." What a load of crap. Even the 9-1-1 dispatcher sounds like he can tell this is bullshit.

"Unfortunately, the individual in question—like many supporters of gun control—is thought to be mentally ill. The FCPD has a difficult time pursuing a criminal SWATting case against the caller because they can’t prove criminal intent."

They don't need to arrest and convict the caller. They need to take him off the street, and get the help that he clearly needs. Put him into a mental hospital, where he can enjoy the company of other gun control advocates.

The way that you commit someone to a mental hospital against their will, is to establish that they pose a threat to themselves or others.

A pattern of calls like this is a clear threat to others.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "Unfortunately, the individual in question—like many supporters of gun control—is thought to be mentally ill. The FCPD has a difficult time pursuing a criminal SWATting case against the caller because they can’t prove criminal intent."

They don't need to arrest and convict the caller. They need to take him off the street, and get the help that he clearly needs. Put him into a mental hospital, where he can enjoy the company of other gun control advocates.

The way that you commit someone to a mental hospital against their will, is to establish that they pose a threat to themselves or others.

A pattern of calls like this is a clear threat to others.
    I agree with the above. Except with the pattern part. You do not need a pattern of trying to slit your own neck.

As to the incident, from what I have read the pd handled it okay . The lack of criminal charge on the caller is a concern.

Bang: on the issues of false fire alarms. Same in EMS, automated medical alarms should illegal. It just leads to forced entry: generally the home owner is elderly: we have two in our area with them that are so hearing impaired the can not hear a trooper pounding on the door with a mag light when thy walk by the same door . We're a shoot first state, I'm not a fan of breaking into people's homes . I've also never been to one that was not a false alarm or the person could not have called 911 on the phone.

For fire companies, I promote a full (non emergency) response. Lay hose, evacuate the building, pull msds sheets. Do a full search.

Walmart, the mall & the bank well get their system fixed must faster when they are closed for the duration & you we'll be safer knowing the layout & chemicals in your local buildings.

FYI : I bet the bank does not have their required msds sheets.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Neighbor across the street, 85 year old woman (was a registered nurse) was getting a little frail, living alone, a widow for 12 years. Her kids had quite a time convincing her she needed the personal push-button alarm but finally got her to do it.
    She was taking a shower and the device that held the hand-held option broke. The hand-held dropped, breaking a china soap dish and the broken and now razor-sharp soap dish landed on her foot and found an artery. She tried to stem the flow but could not. She pushed the button and lost consciousness.
    EMT and police arrived and luckily a rear door was unlocked.
    The doctor in the ER said she had about five minutes to live on arrival.
    Three stitches, two-day stay and all better.

(Delaware County)

And this is related to guns,,,,, how???
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast