Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Local newspaper on a roll re guns

Today we have a guest opinion posted in The Courier Times by a state rep from Yardley, Pa who agrees with the view of the paper that state law needs to be ignored when addressing the firearm situation.

He states he is "for" the 2nd amendment, then goes on with the theory that local laws should preempt state law and laws can reduce shootings.

Some representation. I would not want someone extolling the virtues of illegal local laws representing me or my locale, or too obtuse to notice the number of court cases and inmates in prisons who ignore the magic of law.

But, he will be re-elected.

Meanwhile, the paper is on a roll, kicking anti-gun subjects out, no doubt to influence votes. Speaking of that, the Courier Times went on record today that Corbett needs to be beat by Wolf. They flat out urge the readers to vote for Wolf.

They probably will.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Local newspaper on a roll re guns

Seeing how this "person" thinks a local municipality can override state law. I wonder how much grief my borough or township will get if they legalize slavery??

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by snaplink View Post
    Seeing how this "person" thinks a local municipality can override state law. I wonder how much grief my borough or township will get if they legalize slavery??
    or make abortion illegal.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Today we have a guest opinion posted in The Courier Times by a state rep from Yardley, Pa who agrees with the view of the paper that state law needs to be ignored when addressing the firearm situation.

He states he is "for" the 2nd amendment, then goes on with the theory that local laws should preempt state law and laws can reduce shootings.

Some representation. I would not want someone extolling the virtues of illegal local laws representing me or my locale, or too obtuse to notice the number of court cases and inmates in prisons who ignore the magic of law.

But, he will be re-elected.

Meanwhile, the paper is on a roll, kicking anti-gun subjects out, no doubt to influence votes. Speaking of that, the Courier Times went on record today that Corbett needs to be beat by Wolf. They flat out urge the readers to vote for Wolf.

They probably will.
    Do you have a link or a name? We can't educate if we don't know who it is...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Do you have a link or a name? We can't educate if we don't know who it is...
    http://m.buckscountycouriertimes.com....html?mode=jqm

Written by none other than Comrade Santarsiero himself. Time to light up those comments...

(Bucks County)

It was Steve Santarsiero, who led efforts to defeat the Pre-Emption bill.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...8edcc4ba0.html

What is ironic is that Santarsiero's district, which includes much of Lower Makefield Twp., is (so far) a peaceful suburb with little crime, let alone crimes committed with guns. Hell, our traffic accidents aren't even fatal.

This suggests Santarsiero is motivated by anti-gun ideology with no practical (dare I say "common sense") grounding in any real public safety problems.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    It was Steve Santarsiero, who led efforts to defeat the Pre-Emption bill.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...8edcc4ba0.html

What is ironic is that Santarsiero's district, which includes much of Lower Makefield Twp., is (so far) a peaceful suburb with little crime, let alone crimes committed with guns. Hell, our traffic accidents aren't even fatal.

This suggests Santarsiero is motivated by anti-gun ideology with no practical (dare I say "common sense") grounding in any real public safety problems.
    Definitely vote for David Gibbon then. In fact, I somewhat know him personally through mutual friends. I may pass this information on to him to campaign on in his final days. Then again, I don't know him that well or his 2A stance, but I'd wager it's better than your current rep.

Most newspapers lean to the democratic left.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

It's funny, that you can only comment if you subscribe to the paper.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by snaplink View Post
    I would suggested indentured servitude. It it not prohibited by a constitutional amendment, is nearly the same thing, any laws prohibiting it (if they exist) would be much harder to find - might be so old they would be difficult to enforce.

Additionally indentured servitude does not count against congressional representation the way that slavery does.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast