Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: DC pols set bar impossibly high for CCW permits.

The courts have grown tired of DC's bullshit, and there's already case law on the books from recent IL cases that states any unreasonable standards which result in a de facto ban are unconstitutional. A challenge would be prudent in this case, because cities/towns in IL have already tried what DC is trying, and lost.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    From the article:

"Lawmakers have estimated that hundreds of people might be able to qualify for concealed carry permits. "

Hmmmmm Washington has a population of about 650,000. They certainly don't think highly of their constituents if they only think hundreds will qualify. Sounds like they are saying "hey, most of our citizens are criminals, so only a very small % will qualify.

Or maybe that's just the way they look at people.
    To be fair - if you exclude criminal records which would be prohibiting, I suspect only a 1000 residents of DC would qualify in PA. Every tiime I see a DC plate I assume they are running drugs - even NY/NJ plates could be a college kid.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    The courts have grown tired of DC's bullshit, and there's already case law on the books from recent IL cases that states any unreasonable standards which result in a de facto ban are unconstitutional. A challenge would be prudent in this case, because cities/towns in IL have already tried what DC is trying, and lost.
    What the important man said. I have no doubt the Second Amendment Foundation is already deep into research on the next lawsuit.

If you're unfamiliar with SAF, they are the muscle behind Heller, McDonald v. Chicago, a number of cases in Cali, is still winning cases vs the city of Chicago , restoration of Gun Rights in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania , actively works to overturn local preemption cases.

The NRA does a lot, but the SAF does litigation, & they do it very well. No gun owner would be wrong for being a SAF member.

They also do not send a great deal of spam.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12