Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Carrying in New York

My wife has family in New York. How is it for carrying in New York? Can a non-resident apply for a concealment license? Seen a lot of information on here about Delaware and New Jersey (don't ever go there), but not much on New York. Too make it even worst, her family lives in New York City. I know. I know. Already have a feeling it is not to ogood a chance, especially since this is the city which elected Bloomberg. And everyone here knows how he is such a fan of firearms.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Carrying in New York

You cannot even touch a handgun in New York State. They do not issue to non-residents, and they do not honor other licenses. And New York City is even more strict - not only handguns, but also long guns.

If the question is about New York - the answer 99 times out of 100 is NO.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by checkers87 View Post
    My wife has family in New York. How is it for carrying in New York? Can a non-resident apply for a concealment license? Seen a lot of information on here about Delaware and New Jersey (don't ever go there), but not much on New York. Too make it even worst, her family lives in New York City. I know. I know. Already have a feeling it is not to ogood a chance, especially since this is the city which elected Bloomberg. And everyone here knows how he is such a fan of firearms.
    You aren't serious, are you? Even residents can't get permits unless they are celebrities, or bodyguards for Bloomberg.

(Delaware County)

Figured the answer would be a big NO, but hey it never hurts to ask. Thanks for the responses. Shame New York is so strict with firearms.

Yea. No.

There's a better chance of the sun not coming up tomorrow morning than a non resident peon being able to carry legally in NYC.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You cannot even touch a handgun in New York State. They do not issue to non-residents, and they do not honor other licenses. And New York City is even more strict - not only handguns, but also long guns.

The 1/100 is you can FOPA your way through New York State to a friendly state like ME, VT and NH---but I wouldn't pull over for any reason, even to pee... to keep the time spent in New York as little as possible.

If your destination is NYS... leave it at home or just don't go or switch out to something else like spray [beware, in NYC if that's where you are going, even spray has severe restrictions--you can't take that in either].

You cannot even touch a handgun in New York State.
    not only that but i do believe it is also illegal to shoot someone else's handgun if it is not registered on your license (ie each time you buy a handgun in NY you have to then take the receipt to the issuing office where they add all the information to the license then give you a new updated license, and they give you a "purchasing stub" to go back and pick up said handgun)

The odds are way worst than that, had a friend, former Syracuse cop, and even he couldn't carry in NYC. We have Bloomberg to thank for that. But in his defense we all know how safe the nirvana New York City is. If you consider people drinking big gulps dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by checkers87 View Post
    About the only way of legally doing this is to become a sworn PA LEO (or perhaps a PA State Constable) and carry under LEOSA. And even then it would be risky.
    Of course that would require some major life changes.

Or... tell the wife's family to move the hell outta NY and here to PA

(Lancaster County)

Tell your wife's family to get out and vote, this picture says it all.
    [/IMG]
    Sit down! You'll never clear leather.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast