Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Not carrying...

(Monroe County)

Default Not carrying...

I'm stuck in Seattle this week... and PA permts don't work out here... walking around unarmed is an unpleasent experience... I didn't realize the level of safety and security carrying really gives until you are not permitted to have it.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Not carrying...

hope ya got a good knife. pick up a can of OC, and be careful.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

You can OC in WA state. Check out opencarry.org for details.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Luzerne County)

I can carry in 37 or 38 states, unfortunately I have to go to all 50 for my job and I definitely feel your pain, especially when working in NJ, CA, and DC. Id much prefer to stay in my small town thats made up mostly of pickup trucks and NRA stickers...maybe one day.

Luckily so far the only times I have felt incredibly threatened have been in states where I could carry...but Camden in the middle of the night is no joke and forget DC
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Butler County)

Unhappy Re: Not carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm stuck in Seattle this week... and PA permits don't work out here... walking around unarmed is an unpleasant experience... I didn't realize the level of safety and security carrying really gives until you are not permitted to have it.
    Believe me when I say "I feel your pain" Up in Rome, Ny for the week and having to stay at a hotel that seems to have a few "Undocumented Workers" and me not being able to carry, can weigh on a person that loves to carry! Not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling, folks!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Butlerite View Post
    Believe me when I say "I feel your pain" Up in Rome, Ny for the week and having to stay at a hotel that seems to have a few "Undocumented Workers" and me not being able to carry, can weigh on a person that loves to carry! Not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling, folks!
    Even better... its Gay Pride week and my hotel (picked by boss... who is gay) is apparently right in the heart of the gay district so that he can walk to the bars... wonderful. Not that I have anything at all against gay's but when the streets are packed with people who are eyeing everyone up... its an unpleasent experience...

Think I'm gonna have to get my Utah Permit after all...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Well forget OC then, all those gay men will find you way too sexy if you OC around them LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Even better... its Gay Pride week and my hotel (picked by boss... who is gay) is apparently right in the heart of the gay district so that he can walk to the bars... wonderful. Not that I have anything at all against gay's but when the streets are packed with people who are eyeing everyone up... its an unpleasent experience...

Think I'm gonna have to get my Utah Permit after all...
    ROFLMAO. Sorry to hear that
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Montgomery County)

You aren't carrying and you're close to bars. I think the solution is rather self-evident. Whats the worst thing that could happen - some guy buys you free drinks?