Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Taking the plunge!! First Class 3 purchase

Well, I've been toe-dipping for over a year, figuring out what I should do about a first suppressor. I have to give props to Corey from CDS Arms (csementuh) on the PAFOA board. He has made the purchase as painless as it could be. I mean, really, if you can justify the purchase, the process is in no way an obstacle.

CDS had a post in the forum this past spring about handling the sale/transfer of a lightly used .22 Gemtech Outback II can. I saw that post last April, but I figured I had to do too much to move on the purchase, so when I eventually decided that what CDS was offering was a pretty good deal, the can had been sold. :-(

So I continued to look, including checking out cans at multiple shows, and decided that the NFA trust was definitely the way to go for me. So imagine my surprise when CDS re-posted the can that had been sold in April as available.
    No waiting this time, I PM'd Corey and told him that I wanted it. He asked me a few questions, gave me perfect information about transferring this can, as well as handling the paperwork. I had not set up a Trust yet, but with a pass through link to 199Trust.com, he pointed out that they are now doing trusts for $79!!! Corey recommended them, and though I was in the process of asking an attorney/relative to review a sample trust I had put together, $79 seemed a cheap way to just have this done. Add to that the removal of any liability on me for "creating" my own trust, and I will sleep better that way.

Met with Corey, gave him payment for the can and the tax stamp, and purchased my Trust from 199Trust.com. Awaiting the trust documents to arrive in my mailbox, will have them signed and notarized by Friday and off to CDS as a .pdf. All over but the waiting for the tax stamp!

And as I expected, already eyeing up .30 cal cans for a 300BLK rifle and a Gunsite Scout 308. :-D

Not that any of this is going on exotic hardware, just a 10-22 takedown and a Walther P-22, but I will post pics when the can is on the hosts.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; October 23rd, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

(Union County)

Default Re: Taking the plunge!! First Class 3 purchase

Congrats man. I'm in the process of doing research for my first can as well. Looking for one for my AR15. Thought about going the 199trust route also, seems quick and simple .

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks, my Trust document was in my e-mail box in less than 24 hours from payment. I reviewed it, flagged it whete it needed signatures, dates filled in, witness signatures and was ready to go. Clarified with Cory at CDS on a couple of things to see if they needed to be complete before or after the approval, he got back to me instantly.

8 bucks at the notary and ready to go.

Oh, and if you even think you might ever want to suppress a 7.62/308/300blk, think about just buying the bigger can and using it on your 223/5.56 now. Bigger can is backwards compatible in size for the 223, but not the other way obviously.

(Washington County)

Congrats on the purchase and I'm glad you're getting out the word that CDS Arms makes NFA transfers easy as they can be as well access to very affordable and professional trust services.

The Ruger 10/22 makes a great host. With a suppressor on mine it still cycles like a semi-auto with subsonic ammo.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; October 23rd, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Congrats!!

Cory is the best, and my go to guy for anything that goes bang or pew.

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I love NFA stuff so I'm always willing to help out.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Less then 20 questions for 199Trust? Seems too good to be true.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Less then 20 questions for 199Trust? Seems too good to be true.
    It's true. I've had hundreds of satisfied customers use them in the past few years!
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    It's true. I've had hundreds of satisfied customers use them in the past few years!
    Are they good for life? Do you pay any taxes yearly?
    Last edited by PA1936MN; October 24th, 2014 at 09:33 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Are they good for life? Do you pay any taxes yearly?

Correct! A one time fee and the trust is good eternally as long as a trustee is alive! No yearly filings or fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast