Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC question

(Chester County)

Default OC question

ok ive looked around and i cant CLEARY find the answer to my question. when you are OCing, how should you have the gun in your car? do you just just the mag, clear the chamber, and store one in the glove and one in the center console? from what ive read it seems that if you dont have a LTCF, you cant drive anywhere and OC. also the shirt question, if you OC with out a LTCF, can you have your shirt over your gun, or do you have to tuck in your shirt.

i dont have my LTCF yet, but i am getting it as soon as i can make it to the sheriff's office. but in the mean time, i might OC once in a while and i was just wondering before i end up in an LEO encounter

(Fayette County)

Default Re: OC question

from what i understand, you have to keep the gun in the trunk (unloaded). and the ammo in the car in plain view

(Dauphin County)

i can only answer your shirt question, i know the others but i cannot cite the code and i know a few on here that have them readily available to post so i will wait on that

you cannot cover your gun at all if you do not have a LTCF if your shirt covers it, it is considered concealed. keep it tucked in or tucked behind your holster
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Chester County)

i drive a truck, no trunk. do i have to keep it in the bed?

(Dauphin County)

keep ammo in your pocket and lock the pistol in your clove box if you can!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BFit70 View Post
    ok ive looked around and i cant CLEARY find the answer to my question. when you are OCing, how should you have the gun in your car? do you just just the mag, clear the chamber, and store one in the glove and one in the center console?
    No the only way you can transport a gun in you car unloaded is for a few specific reason.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with rifle, pistol, or revolver, if such persons
    are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the cartridges or shells are carried in a separate container and the rifle, pistol or revolver is unloaded.

(8) Any person while carrying a firearm unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his home or place of business, or to a place of repair or back to his home or place of business, or in moving from one place of abode or business to another or from his home to a vacation or recreational home or dwelling or back, or to recover stolen property under section
    and to and from place of repair. So unless you are going to these places it is on foot or leave it at home.
    from what ive read it seems that if you dont have a LTCF, you cant drive anywhere and OC. also the shirt question, if you OC with out a LTCF, can you have your shirt over your gun, or do you have to tuck in your shirt.
    However you want to do it,but the gun must be completely visible for all to see. You may not cover that gun in any way shape or form, or it instantly becomes concealed.

i dont have my LTCF yet, but i am getting it as soon as i can make it to the sheriff's office. but in the mean time, i might OC once in a while and i was just wondering before i end up in an LEO encounter

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Philadelphia County)

As far as I know without an LTCF you can't have a gun in your car at all, unless you're going to or from the range, gunsmith, gundealer etc. If you OC you have to walk unless you have an LTCF.

(Chester County)

gotcha thanks guys

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    No the only way you can transport a gun in you car unloaded is for a few specific reason.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with rifle, pistol, or revolver, if such persons
    are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the cartridges or shells are carried in a separate container and the rifle, pistol or revolver is unloaded.

(8) Any person while carrying a firearm unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his home or place of business, or to a place of repair or back to his home or place of business, or in moving from one place of abode or business to another or from his home to a vacation or recreational home or dwelling or back, or to recover stolen property under section
    and to and from place of repair. So unless you are going to these places it is on foot or leave it at home.

However you want to do it,but the gun must be completely visible for all to see. You may not cover that gun in any way shape or form, or it instantly becomes concealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by apython View Post
    As far as I know without an LTCF you can't have a gun in your car at all, unless you're going to or from the range, gunsmith, gundealer etc. If you OC you have to walk unless you have an LTCF.
    We have two winners. I agree with this opinion, however, there are some that will tell you that while "carry" in a vehicle requires a LTCF, "transporting" it (unloaded and cased) is ok. If this is your train of thought, be willing to spend money testing it in court if needed.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

I second gnbrotz and the 2 he quoted. That's how I read it too. 2 cents.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast