Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Armslist shenanigans

So we have all read about/experienced the scams on the site. Recently I have had quite a few replies to ads that seem to be baiting me into illegal sales. Has anyone else experienced this? Some of them are so blatant it's comical. I wouldn't put it past this government to do anything they can to make an honest gun owner slip up.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Armslist shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    So we have all read about/experienced the scams on the site. Recently I have had quite a few replies to ads that seem to be baiting me into illegal sales. Has anyone else experienced this? Some of them are so blatant it's comical. I wouldn't put it past this government to do anything they can to make an honest gun owner slip up.
    I've always gotten them. "Will you ship the pistol to my house in NJ?. "I'm 17, will you mail a gun to me in Georgia?" 'If I give you more money can we not use an ffl?"

(Beaver County)

I have only had offers like that on Pennswoods. I have made two interstate deals that involved an FFL and didn't get any hesitation from the buyers. I normally get people who ask, "Do you still have_____" and then when I respond in the positive and never hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I've always gotten them. "Will you ship the pistol to my house in NJ?. "I'm 17, will you mail a gun to me in Georgia?" 'If I give you more money can we not use an ffl?"
    I had a lady from nj try to buy a sporting rifle and high cap mags but she wanted me to meet her uncle from ohio (I live in wv) so he can give me cash and then he would get it to her
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    Some examples?

I ask as here in PA, it is still legal as of this week for one eligible PA buyer to have a long gun shipped directly to them from fellow in-state PA seller - in a private transaction.

Given the number of self-Toomey-Manskin voluntary supporters and Wolfies - this won't last, but good to go for the moment.

How does it work in West-by-golly-Virginia?
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Some examples?

I ask as here in PA, it is still legal as of this week for one eligible PA buyer to have a long gun shipped directly to them from fellow in-state PA seller - in a private transaction.

Given the number of self-Toomey-Manskin voluntary supporters and Wolfies - this won't last, but good to go for the moment.

How does it work in West-by-golly-Virginia?
    Handgun sales okay ftf between residents, same with long guns. But we are allowed to hunt with semi auto here as well and the standard hunting license lets you take about 12 deer without antler restrictions.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Allegheny County)

Shit. I live like 25mins from Weirton. I know as I would clock my cig runs down to Gumby's. Really ought to move, especially if the LIVs here in Pennsyltucky let the wolf in the door.

Let me guess; your gas is under $3.00/gal there?

Our's is still over $3.00 here near Yinzburgh as "we're near the end of the pipeline" as the local gas czars said.

Guess Columbiana, OH at $2.99 is the start of the next pipeline?

Pennsyltucky; someone always has their hand in your wallet here.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Westmoreland County)

The internet fools attempting to do/Get you do so as well, illegal transactions is just a larger pool of the same crowd who have been doing so in person at gun shops and gun shows for years. Nothing new to see here. Just more of them.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    I have only had offers like that on Pennswoods. I have made two interstate deals that involved an FFL and didn't get any hesitation from the buyers. I normally get people who ask, "Do you still have_____" and then when I respond in the positive and never hear back.
    I get that all the time as well, and it makes no sense to me. What's the point?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I get that all the time as well, and it makes no sense to me. What's the point?
    Inconsiderate people I suppose. There is no point. I get people who do it on here. Some of them are even normal members. I won't say active b/c they still have low post counts, but they still are logging in on a regular basis. The worst is when you a make a deal, and then they disappear. I guess I was raised differently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast