Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 922R sucks

(Wyoming County)

Default 922R sucks

I have come to the conclusion after doing a Benelli M4 build that 922R sucks. I picked the titanium full length tube, follower, and hand guard for my us parts. Anyone else do a build?
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 922R sucks

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion after doing a Benelli M4 build that 922R sucks. I picked the titanium full length tube, follower, and hand guard for my us parts. Anyone else do a build?
    I agree it seems senseless. I did one on a Saiga 12. Got most of the parts from CSS. Along with some other mods I did a trigger conversion. The only consolation is that most of the parts I would have needed to replace anyway.
    I have so many toys because my wife wont let me have a girlfriend.......

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    ...Geissele makes a hammer for them.

Yeah, It's a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

I talked with a vendor at Oaks a few years back [who sold 922 compliant parts] that said anyone who worried about 922 was basically an idiot. His reasoning was that he never heard of someone getting checked on it anywhere. I saw his point but I do not want to be "the guy" caught with a non compliant gun. Mine has way more than the # of necessary parts to comply...just in case. Luckily in the Saiga , I can count the mag housing, the follower and the floorplate each as an individual compliant part. I just cant insert the wrong mag or I am an instant felon.....Politics

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bartomark View Post
    I talked with a vendor at Oaks a few years back [who sold 922 compliant parts] that said anyone who worried about 922 was basically an idiot. His reasoning was that he never heard of someone getting checked on it anywhere. I saw his point but I do not want to be "the guy" caught with a non compliant gun. Mine has way more than the # of necessary parts to comply...just in case. Luckily in the Saiga , I can count the mag housing, the follower and the floor plate each as an individual compliant part. I just cant insert the wrong mag or I am an instant felon.....Politics
    One thing for sure, if you are "that guy" who gets charged with a 922R violation then you did something else a lot worse to draw attention to yourself.

Other than that supposedly no one has been charged with a 922R violation and for many years NONE of the parts were marked "Made in USA".

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    One thing for sure, if you are "that guy" who gets charged with a 922R violation then you did something else a lot worse to draw attention to yourself.

Other than that supposedly no one has been charged with a 922R violation and for many years NONE of the parts were marked "Made in USA".
    Agree.

(Wyoming County)

I have been wondering if they would check 922R in a case of when using the shotgun for home defense? I think its useless, pointless, and a waste of time, but I guess my shotty is going to be close to 0.5 pounds lighter with the full length titanium tube...
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy