Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Man accused of taking two women hostage at gunpoint in Pa.

Wasn't a forum member, was he?

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — A man accused of taking two women hostage at gunpoint was arrested Saturday afternoon in Chambersburg after allegedly forcing the females to drive him from Shippensburg, Pa., the Chambersburg Police Department said.

Demetrius Rashawn Runkle, 19, of Shippensburg was taken into custody after a vehicle stop in the 500 block of Montgomery Ave. just before 2 p.m., according to a police department news release.
    http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/...34abd24ca.html

Docket sheet here: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0000358-2014

No firearms charge of firearm in vehicle with an LTCF.

(York County)

Default Re: Man accused of taking two women hostage at gunpoint in Pa.

Where do I even start?!?!

Should I say, 'it can't be true, he was only 19 and 19 year olds can't own a handgun?

Should I say 'he was just getting his life together and headed to Chambersburg for barber school and his GED classes?

Or should I proclaim 'I'm a racist' for looking at his name and assuming this poor kid was raised by a single mom, or better yet, his grandmother, has a poor education, and has at least two kids by two different baby's mommas?

choices, choices...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Why such a lack of charges? It really pisses me off that you have one prosecutor who wants to throw the whole damn book at somebody like Shaneen Allen and yet this prosecutor is leaving a lot of meat on the bone. Do your damn job.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ATBackpackin; October 14th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

What kind of name is Demetrius Rashawn?

Garbage DA. If the book says it's a crime, then charge, or take it off the book. Are they already plea-bargaining before any charges are even filed? Is this how they do it these days? God forbid I get stopped at a DUI checkpoint and my car inspection expired the previous day, I might get a 197$ ticket, but this fucker holds women hostage at gunpoint and gets no firearms charges? I'm also not sure what evidence there is that he did not do this, and I can't imagine who or what will present evidence that he is worth not hanging by close of business. My guess is, he serves probation cause he's a *good boy*. Not just that, but he's a teen, right?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    Garbage DA. If the book says it's a crime, then charge, or take it off the book. Are they already plea-bargaining before any charges are even filed? Is this how they do it these days? God forbid I get stopped at a DUI checkpoint and my car inspection expired the previous day, I might get a 197$ ticket, but this fucker holds women hostage at gunpoint and gets no firearms charges? I'm also not sure what evidence there is that he did not do this, and I can't imagine who or what will present evidence that he is worth not hanging by close of business. My guess is, he serves probation cause he's a *good boy*. Not just that, but he's a teen, right?
    Meanwhile PSP is prosecuting all violations where people may have forgotten about certain disqualifiers when buying a firearm. This kind of thing is so common it's disgusting.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Please don't forget charges can still be filed at a later date. They may need a few more witness or hostage statements to load them up.

Isn't removing a serial number off a firearm a federal crime? Where's or POS USAG Holder to prosecute one of Omao's sons?
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Washington County)

Probably just heard there was 22 in stock where he was headed.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Please don't forget charges can still be filed at a later date. They may need a few more witness or hostage statements to load them up.

Isn't removing a serial number off a firearm a federal crime? Where's or POS USAG Holder to prosecute one of Omao's sons?
    You need two witnesses to charge someone with treason...Unless one of those ladies is a corpse, which has not been reported, I count two witnesses.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Where are all the Mothers demanding action at?

Ohh I forgot the Mom's are demanding that Private businesses take a stance against their loyal law abiding customer base further trying to strip us of our 2A rights in order to make us weak victims.

Where are the Cease fire PA advices making sure that the firearms charges stick and there are steep penalties to be paid?

Ohh the Cease fire people have been in Harrisburg worried about us NRA & KKK members getting the ability to sue over preemption laws. Further trying to strip us of our 2A rights in order to make a all weak victims.

Anyway we all know it wasn't this 19 year old man's fault he would have never done any of this if he didn't have that evil gun that twisted mind and sent his life into darkness. I think the gun should be brought up on charges of missing it's SN and letting itself be used for evil. I bet that bastard gun didn't even report himself as stolen.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 14th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast