Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Allentown - Forks of the Delaware Show - Agricultural Hall

Gun Show in the Allentown Agricultural Hall
    17th & Chew Streets, Allentown, PA

Saturday Oct 18, 2014 9am-5pm
    Sunday Oct 19, 2014 9am-2pm

One of the best GUN shows in southeastern PA, this show contains GUNS and GUN-related items - NOT items like cell phone holsters and sunglasses.

Firearms including sporting, antique, tactical/assault, black powder, target, military, collectible, etc.

Gun parts, optics, ammunition, tools, and more.

Promoted by the "Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society"
    http://www.allentownshow.net/

Discount coupon at the below link:
    http://www.allentownshow.net/gunshow_schedule.htm

Default Re: Allentown - Forks of the Delaware Show - Agricultural Hall

Agreed! Great historical arms , parts , accoutrements and memorabilia show. Not a bunch of imported modern tacti-kool krap or flea market junk. No gaudy handbags or beef jerky. If ya want that stuff , or some great smoked meats and jerky , go across the street to the Allentown Farmers Market (Sat. only).
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

This show can be fun if you just want to stroll around and take in the antique sights. You can even handle a lot of the firearms and swords....but if you want to buy, that's another story.

Most of these vendors won't budge off of their prices, if you can even get a straight price out of them. Wealthy guys with lots of old toys. It's more of a swap meet between the dealers.

But enjoy the cool old weaponry.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    This show can be fun if you just want to stroll around and take in the antique sights. You can even handle a lot of the firearms and swords....but if you want to buy, that's another story.

Most of these vendors won't budge off of their prices, if you can even get a straight price out of them. Wealthy guys with lots of old toys. It's more of a swap meet between the dealers.

Is the stuff mostly high end or is it a mix of high end and common man guns?
    WE ARE...PENN STATE!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DTFTH45 View Post
    Is the stuff mostly high end or is it a mix of high end and common man guns?
    This show has a wide mix. Everything from muzzleloaders thru modern tactical.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post

I haven't been to this show for a few years. I have to agree with your assessment, it's more like a traveling museum exhibit than a gun show.

(Lehigh County)

Wink Re: Allentown - Forks of the Delaware Show - Agricultural Hall

I agree that the greater portion of the show is classic/antique or as I say, "If you have to ask you can't afford It". But hiding on the fringes there are some dealers who have some reasonable, and even good deals. They are just harder to find in the mix with all the others.

I am often looking for odd parts or information on a specific gun and I can get that at this show, more so than most.

And on Saturday the Farmer's Market is well worth the walk thru, kinda like the show itself. It is not hard to spend more there than at the show!

(Lancaster County)

I had a great time today (18-Oct).

Lots of different stuff to admire and wonder over.

I got a nice magazine and an unbroken grip for my FN 1910 plus some ammo at a decent price.

I'll go back even though it's a bit of a drive.

Thumbs up Re: Allentown - Forks of the Delaware Show - Agricultural Hall

Excellent show as always. No other show of this size takes me almost 5 hours to go thru once! Damn near every table consumed my undivided attention for at least several minutes. I probably drool on a few display cases. The Turnbull 1911s were especially impressive. Pictures do not do their restorations or new guns justice. This was a real gun show and history lesson. For me , it was sensory overload! One display had probably 100 Civil War era Sharps and Spencer rifles in beautiful condition. Some displays had 200yr old guns in like new condition. Guns made by expert craftsmen from blued steel and walnut. Those old guys at many of the tables were very interesting to talk to. They were highly knowledgeable , and entertaining. Not a bunch of fast-talking bullshitters and hucksters only interested in making a quick buck. Hopefully I can make it back tomorrow and take a few hundred bucks.
    Last edited by abner13; October 18th, 2014 at 08:24 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Alot of garage sale attic and cleanout stuff. Much of the "antiques" questionable. As far as actual high quality sporting and self defense arms its marginal.

In this shows defense some of the better shows have thier share of garbage like tables full of knives from china, knockoff magpul products and stun gun constantly popping.

A few cool relics but alot of crap to wade through.