Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Am I getting ripped off?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I had a guy do a BEAUTIFUL job on my old Red Ryder BB gun.

I think it only finished out at a tad over 5 grand.
    Yeah but you forgot to say you are the only guy in the state who can shoot 50 cal BMG out of that BB gun..

Wakefield, I think you are getting screwed, first of all, he did not say anything about gold plating and jeweling the gun.

spartakis252 you should go see the smith Stainless goes to, I had a revolver done there, I am no the only one who owns a laser guided revolver in the world!

Wakey, if you ever plan on gaining credibility on this forum..

Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    One of my rifles was damaged recently. I took it to a gunsmith to get it fixed. NRA insurance said they will pay for the damage so I was like hey why not. Gave this guy the gun and told him I wanted the stock refinished from the scratches. He told me he would have it looking like new. I asked him if I could get an estimate to send to the insurance he said he would after he knew what all needed done but has no idea what itll take.

30 days go by. I call and ask if I could get the estimate to send in. He tells me he now glass bedded the gun, gave it a trigger job, replaced cheap parts with nice looking brass, sandblasted the metal and gave it a new finish, and did a ton of stuff. said he has now put 50 hours in it and still has 10 days left of work. I am thinking "Hey man a solid sanding and refinishing of the stock would of been just dandy" I asked what this is gonna cost, he says 2200-2400 at this point........ I tell him it may be wise to stop working on it a bit until the insurance company clears all this, he tells me he has already planned time to work on it and he will get me an estimate later.
    Now I am pretty sure the NRA is not going to give me 2500 to pay for a gun to get fixed that costs $700 to buy. So at this point Ill talk to the insurance company and ask what to do. I may have to just give him the gun I am kind of worried about that . Pretty stressed about this situation to be honest. I told him I just wanted the stock fixed, said I didnt care if he replaced it with a synthetic one, then he did all this crazy work.Is 2500 a reasonable price to refinish and glassbed a wood stock rifle gun? Any advice on what I should do here?
    I believe what OGL says on TV before I will believe this contrived fantasy. Nobody in their right mind lets anyone perform anything without a general estimate of the costs and approving the work. While these fairy tales are a good read they also tend to catch those unfamiliar with the MATCH HIPOINTS or the PET CHICKEN. All we need now is a 300lb Vietnam vet with a custom made Amish C-Ring with mojitos looking for a member to kiss his forehead while the muffled screams a former member can be heard from his basement.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You are not getting ripped off, you are full of baloney.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I believe what OGL says on TV before I will believe this contrived fantasy. Nobody in their right mind lets anyone perform anything without a general estimate of the costs and approving the work. While these fairy tales are a good read they also tend to catch those unfamiliar with the MATCH HIPOINTS or the PET CHICKEN. All we need now is a 300lb Vietnam vet with a custom made Amish C-Ring with mojitos looking for a member to kiss his forehead while the muffled screams a former member can be heard from his basement.
    As frequently as he starts threads and ask questions it is odd the damaged gun never came up before this. Also calling BS.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

can lying and bullshit be a bannable offense

(Mercer County)

I feel like I get ripped off every time I read something you write.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Nah, it adds to the entainment factor of this forum. Like several other sockpuppet entities.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

What on earth makes you think the insurance company would give you even one dime? It takes two minutes online to find out that they don't cover marring, scratching, wear & tear or gradual deterioration.

Not that this story is in any way believable. No human being would calmly reply "it may be wise to stop working on it a bit" if they found out they were being taken for two grand.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    What on earth makes you think the insurance company would give you even one dime? It takes two minutes online to find out that they don't cover marring, scratching, wear & tear or gradual deterioration.

Not that this story is in any way believable. No human being would calmly reply "it may be wise to stop working on it a bit" if they found out they were being taken for two grand.
    I am sure Wakey has Insurance on his insurance in case they don't pay up..
    After all, he knows these things.. maybe its $22.00 and not 2200?
    Punctuation and signs like that funny lined S make a world of difference..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Chester County)

I think you should let him finish the gun and work out a payment plan by giving him BJ's. Who knows, maybe he'll give you the attention that you so desperately crave.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Westmoreland County)

$2200-2400 dollars? That's chicken scratch.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast