Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default OC = gun violence, according to MDA

I received an email this morning from someone who follows the MDA ninnies. Here's the message you get if you call the number they send out.

This is the message you receive if you call 888-829-3970, according to the email they sent out.

The email message was forwarded to me from a friend who subscribes to their newsletters and informational handouts. The email says the following:

Our campaign urging Kroger to adopt gun-sense policies in their stores is getting ugly.
    Last week, volunteers from Moms Demand Action delivered hundreds of thousands of petition signatures to Kroger stores. The events were a huge success -- but the NRA posted about them on their Facebook page, and the response in the comments was disgusting.
    Our Facebook page was flooded with obscene and threatening remarks from gun extremists who support Kroger's dangerous policies. I want to know why Kroger is catering to a far-out fringe instead of listening to their customers and the majority of Americans -- including the more than 300,000 supporters who have signed the petition asking them to adopt gun sense policies in their stores.
    Call 888-829-3790 right now and tell Kroger: Groceries, not guns.

It's absurd to me that Kroger would support people who have these extremist views instead of making policies that would protect their customers and employees. This interaction on Facebook made it all too clear what the other side has to say on this issue -- and it's threatening, sexist, and just plain wrong.
    We need to make sure that Kroger knows how the other side is talking about this. It's time that they stopped allowing open carry of guns in their stores and kowtowing to these dangerous extremists.
    Make a call to Kroger HQ, and tell them to condemn these obscene comments and adopt a gun sense policy: Call 888-829-3790 today.
    Your call can help make sure that we don't have to worry about our safety, or the safety of our families, when we do something as simple as shop for groceries.
    Thanks for doing this,
    Shannon Watts
    Founder
    Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; October 10th, 2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Junior

(Chester County)

Default Re: OC = gun violence, according to MDA

These people are just beyond words. I have blocked several friends for following these fools. If they don't agree with a store's policies, why don't they just go to a different store???

(Montgomery County)

UGH even the voice on that recording pisses me off! When I think of a latte sipping, freedom hating "mom" that's exactly the voice I hear in my head.

(Chester County)

I think I'll take a few minutes to thank Kroger for their strong stance on the freedoms granted us by The Constitution.

Hmmmm.... OC = gun violence is like telling a woman that wearing a short skirt = inviting sexual assault. Neither make sense and both are insulting to the freedom and intelligence of person doing it.

Disagreeing with me is fine. Trying to take my rights away make you a low life. MDA are low lifes.

MDA?

Mothers to Disarm America?

Quote Originally Posted by pculler21 View Post
    I think I'll take a few minutes to thank Kroger for their strong stance on the freedoms granted us by The Constitution.
    In Yoda voice "You learn fast young Jedi."
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Centre County)

This is hardly the worst thing I have ever run into propaganda wise. I really did love that musket propaganda video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORVfnFtcH0

Just comedy gold to me. The problem is that usefull idiots actually fall for this. Reality dousn't matter to this side. Only an agenda. Its not shocking at all if you follow politics semi-closely.

Everyone in high ranking leadership roles in this country lies. The president hasn't said a single truth in years of me following off and on and as we all know the term "Shit rolls down hill" so does the corruption and arrogance.

Just imagine that you live in a Soviet style soceity. It all makes so much more sense when you do.

I thought Kroger was a Euro company, I havn't even heard of one in the US before.

(York County)

The Kroger Company is an American retailer founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. By revenue, it is the country's largest supermarket chain,[3] second-largest general retailer (after Walmart),[3] and twenty-third largest company.[4] Kroger is also the fifth largest retailer in the world.[5] As of February 2013, Kroger operates, either directly or through its subsidiaries, 2,424 stores.[6] Kroger's headquarters are in downtown Cincinnati.[6] It maintains markets in 31 states,[7] with store formats that include supermarkets, superstores, department stores, convenience stores, and mall jewelry stores. Kroger-branded grocery stores are located throughout the Midwestern and Southern United States. Kroger also is parent to several "banner" chains, such as Ralphs in California.
    Kroger's employees are mostly represented by collective bargaining agreements. Seventy-five percent of Kroger employees are represented by the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger

"They're kind of a big deal."

Chains

Combination Food & Drug Stores

Multi Department Stores

Price Impact Stores

• Food 4 Less (Southern California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Chicago, Illinois; NW Indiana, and they have a former location in Allentown, Pennsylvania and Tahlequah, Oklahoma); there is also one location in Fremont Nebraska (Food 4 Less stores elsewhere are owned by other companies)
    • Foods Co. (Northern California)
    • Ruler Foods (Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky)

Marketplace Stores

Jewelry Stores

Convenience Stores

Former chains

• Barney's Food Warehouse (Tennessee) Chain run by Kroger in the 1980s.
    • Cala Foods and Bell Markets (Northern California) Locations sold to DeLano's IGA, last Kroger-owned location closed in 2011.
    • Childs (Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana) Acquired July 1955, name phased out in 1966.
    • Henke's (Texas) Acquired May 1955, name phased out in 1966[30]
    • Hilander Foods (Illinois) Acquired 1998, sold to Schnucks in 2011.
    • Kessel Food Markets (Michigan) Acquired and name phased out in 1999.
    • Krambo (Wisconsin) Acquired June 1955, name phased out in 1966. Withdrew from Wisconsin in 1971.
    • Market Basket (Southern California) Acquired October 1963, sold in 1982.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Centre County)

Never heard of any of that honestly. Looks to me like none of those chains are at all local to me.

Most of your big companies anti-gun even if they act moderate or pro-gun its just a front to keep sales running. The honest truth is that retailers don't care about the customers outside of profits. Whoever they feel insulting the most will hurt the profit margins is the demographic they cater to. Calling them up and whispering sweet nothings will do little as they go with the cheddar first and foremost and all policies are made at home office or corporate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast