Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Are airguns allowed in Beachlake, PA?

The zip code is 18405 and the township is called Beachlake, this town is 10 minutes away from Honesdale PA. I have heard people tell me it's illegal to discharge airguns in Honesdale but what about Beachlake? I want to target shoot with my pellet rifle in my backyard but don't know weather or not this is legal. Anyone know?

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Are airguns allowed in Beachlake, PA?

I live around the area and lived in Beach Lake for ten years you can shoot all you want just as always make sure you have a good backstop.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    I live around the area and lived in Beach Lake for ten years you can shoot all you want just as always make sure you have a good backstop.
    ok, one more thing, do you know the laws about discharging firearms in beachlake? like if I was to shoot a shotgun/handgun on my property with a good backstop, is this legal in beachlake?

(Wayne County)

well now if your talking about real firearms I'm not sure on the laws, up there everybody shoots in there backyard and I mean EVERYBODY just make sure your away from houses. I'm not sure in Beach Lake where your at, but if your like where the firehouse is and the cottages, its probably not a good idea but if your past that on one of the back roads then you should be fine. I remember in my hunter safety class, they always said 360 feet from houses I've always followed that up there and never had a problem. Like I said I'm not sure on the laws so maybe do a little bit more research if your worried but I've always shot on my property and I lived there for 10 years and never had a problem.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    well now if your talking about real firearms I'm not sure on the laws, up there everybody shoots in there backyard and I mean EVERYBODY just make sure your away from houses. I'm not sure in Beach Lake where your at, but if your like where the firehouse is and the cottages, its probably not a good idea but if your past that on one of the back roads then you should be fine. I remember in my hunter safety class, they always said 360 feet from houses I've always followed that up there and never had a problem. Like I said I'm not sure on the laws so maybe do a little bit more research if your worried but I've always shot on my property and I lived there for 10 years and never had a problem.
    I'm on Slater Road, it's a dirt road off Perkins Pond Road.

(Bucks County)

Do you hear shooting occurring around you? If everybody's doing it, you should. It's also an indication that no one will complain if you do.