Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 2014 archery success thread

Well boys old timers here know what to do. Newbies well all your stories you can stick them where the sun don't shine. There are rules here first and only rule is......if there ain't no pics it didn't happen. So this thread is for the successful hunter and non successful hunter. We need pics of deer. First deer. Buck picks. And if I have time I'll do a biggest buck contest off the bucks shot and posted here. Listen if your pic is from out of state it doesn't count and it has to be from this year. If you want to cheat so be it your a looser. So post your highs and low stories from archery hunting. And if you get one remember if there is no pic it didn't happen! So let's have it who's first!!!!
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Perry County)

Default Re: 2014 archery success thread

I wanted to show everyone what some fuckstick stole from all hunters here in my county.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...incart_m-rpt-1

The Pennsylvania Game Commission and Perry County Crimestoppers are offering rewards for information concerning the Sept. 29 illegal killing of a trophy-class whitetail deer in Perry County.

Game Commission Wildlife Conservation Officer Kevin Anderson said he received a call after someone spotted the 229-pound buck lying in a field about 145 yards from Buck's Valley Road in Buffalo Township.

This deer had a Boone and Crockett score of more than 157 inches.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

Well gee thanks for such a positive first post. Yea unreal someone would do that.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Montgomery County)

That is a shame.

I haven't been out yet. Saturday I plan on being out all day. We'll see what happens.

(Bucks County)

I helped my kid track for like 5 or 6 hours 'till about 130am on Sat night after working all day. He said it was a 6-8 pointer and he hit it from above and behind just behind the shoulders. There were some really nice spill spots and trails but it also tricked off to almost nothing at times. He was circling back and forth over and over and I swear he must've changed direction at every damn tree. Spent another hour pulling off brambles and deer ticks when I got home. I must be getting old because I was sore as hell the next day from being constantly hunched over and crawling around on my hands and knees for 5-6 hours.

He went looking again on Sunday and tracked it another 100yds or so from where we stopped the night before. Then it came to an open field and he lost the track. He's been hunting all his life and was an infantry and SF Marine for 10 years. If anybody could have found that deer, he would have.

It made me feel a little better about myself when he said how sore he was on Monday.

No deer pics but I did see a buttload of giant spiders and a really cool looking pink grasshopper.

Good times!

Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

That looks like a Katydid not a Grasshopper - still cool though.

Really sucks about the deer.

(York County)

Sucks when you don't recover one. That stays with you. Too bad about that, but it happens. All you can do it try your best. I've lost exactly one in over 30 kills, and I still remember it. I misjudged the angle and hit it a little too far back, then pushed too hard and it ran off with intestines dangling to die a slow and painful death. Still bugs me 5 years after.

my back issue (bulging disc with severe sciatic pain) resumed its torturing me for the past 3 weeks, I was all set up and ready to go, but alas.

To all you young guys, HUNT YOUR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
    when you get old or injured you dream of those days you stayed inside because you "didn't feel like it" and are full of regret. I'm up at 3 am because I cant sleep from the pain
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lancaster County)

Puts things in perspective. I think I might put a few more things on hold to get out an hunt tonight just because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    my back issue (bulging disc with severe sciatic pain) resumed its torturing me for the past 3 weeks, I was all set up and ready to go, but alas.

To all you young guys, HUNT YOUR ASSES OFF WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
    when you get old or injured you dream of those days you stayed inside because you "didn't feel like it" and are full of regret. I'm up at 3 am because I cant sleep from the pain

(Dauphin County)

Shot a nice doe Monday Morning. 15 Yard lung shot. She ran less than 70 yards. Blood trail was easy to follow. I have pics just no idea how to post them. Seems like there is no way for me to load an attachment.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast