Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Where do you bulk ammo buy?

I nearly had a meltdown when I went to my first Cabelas a few weeks ago. So much ammo!

...BUT NO .22

I'm in crisis mode for .22. I refuse to pay for the current over-priced stuff. I didn't really realize how much I shoot until I saw my pile get lower and lower. A friend of a friend took pity on me and threw me a box of CCI so I can actually go to the range.
    Last edited by shawmutt; October 6th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger01 View Post

freedom munitions .

your first order ships free .

always goes bang

http://www.freedommunitions.com/default.asp#&panel1-6
    I third this.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fealix View Post
    I am still kind of new to this so bare with me. I am looking for bulk ammo buys and was curious as to where the community has found their best deals. I am going to start with 9mm range ammo and will likely try and get 1000 rounds unless they sell larger quantities for a lower cost per round. Does anyone buy ammo in larger quantities than 1000?
    You can't. There are no deals on ammo above case (1000) prices.

No matter how much you want. Some guys have put together group buys for tens or hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo and it cut case costs by 5% or 10%. But, more often, all the retailers or distributors just say, "No."

Some people do give slight discount for buying two cans (crate) vs. one for commie 7.62x54 ammo.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger01 View Post

freedom munitions .

your first order ships free .

always goes bang

http://www.freedommunitions.com/default.asp#&panel1-6
    I have to agree with this. I have purchased nearly 5K rounds from Freedom since March 2012.
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

I am still kind of new to this so bare with me

Sounds like my first girlfriend. I could hardly bear the wait to bare with her.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Lots of places... I recommend here to find a good deal:

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo
    This….. when I want ammo, I check sites like the one above, slick guns etc…. and look for the best deals.

(Delaware County)

Targetmaster (in Chadds Ford) has decent prices when you buy in bulk. Check out their website's Specials section for some of their bulk pricing: and be sure to calculate the cost per round. There have been a few times I've looked where it works out cheaper to buy 500 or 600 rounds instead of a case (1,000 rounds).

Other than that, do a Google search for the ammo you're looking for, e.g. "9mm Luger bulk" or "45ACP bulk." There are some aggregators that track bulk ammo prices, that others have mentioned above. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs for each site: the site with the cheapest ammo may not necessarily be the cheapest overall.

And then vote for Corbett in November, because he hasn't tried to sign in any stupid laws like NY or NJ that prevent you from buying ammo online and having it shipped to your house. I doubt we'd be able to say the same thing about Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalReaper View Post
    Targetmaster (in Chadds Ford) has decent prices when you buy in bulk. Check out their website's Specials section for some of their bulk pricing: and be sure to calculate the cost per round. There have been a few times I've looked where it works out cheaper to buy 500 or 600 rounds instead of a case (1,000 rounds).

Other than that, do a Google search for the ammo you're looking for, e.g. "9mm Luger bulk" or "45ACP bulk." There are some aggregators that track bulk ammo prices, that others have mentioned above. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs for each site: the site with the cheapest ammo may not necessarily be the cheapest overall.

And then vote for Corbett in November, because he hasn't tried to sign in any stupid laws like NY or NJ that prevent you from buying ammo online and having it shipped to your house. I doubt we'd be able to say the same thing about Wolf.
    Some of their ammo is competitive. 9mm, .45. (7.62x39 is on the upper end of prices I've seen) I've seen them get a lot of flack, but during the post Sandy Hook crunch, they had most of the ammo I wanted at relatively decent prices. They went up, but it was the market, I did not feel like they were gouging customers. They've even had .22 when I've gone in there. about .07-.08 cents a round. Not pre Sandy Hook prices, but not as high as many places I've seen.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the info guys! Some of those pallets on freedom munitions at $20k are a bit out of my price range. Ha 100k rounds would be nice though. Signed up for all the recommended email lists and I am going to be voting Corbett.

(Northampton County)

I have bought a pallet from Ammo Supply Warehouse a few times . The guys will do better then there website prices if you pay with something other then a credit card. The money I saved by paying with a check payed for my shipping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast