Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Need Help Deciding!!!

I presently own two pistols, a Model 410S S&W with Crimson Trace laser grips and a Taurus Millenium PT140 Pro. Both pistols are chambered in .40 caliber. The thing is, I really want a subcompact chambered in .45 for CC and I really want a 1911 style pistol. I have fallen in love with the Para Ordinance Slim Hawg because of its' beauty, simplicity and the fact that it seems that it would be perfect for CC due to its' narrow profile (the mag is single stack and holds 6). Although I really enjoy both of my present weapons, both of them have 'issues' that I didn't foresee and subsequently, I am starting to question my ability to make the "perfect" choice when selecting a handgun. So, if anybody out there has any experience with Para Ordinance, I would greatly appreciate any input you might have to offer. Presently, I am planning to make this purchase sometime next week unless someone here convinces me not to. Thanks in advance for your input.

Default Re: Need Help Deciding!!!

don't own a Para

I have a (got two weeks ago) a Detonics Combat Master, a compact 6+1, 1911, the only bad thing about 1911 style pistols is that they are heavier than the polymer guns, I have a Taurus PT745 MillPro (also a single stack 6+1) that I OC/CC with, much lighter than the CM 1911 is, and I've never had a problem with reliability with it and it shoots well, with less recoil than you'd expect with +P 230g JHP's.

So between the two, I always choose the PT745 over the 1911 CM, because of the weight issue. Even though both shoot pretty much the same and have never had a reliability issue with either one. (shot over 200 rounds through he D CM already, probably close to 1k in the Taurus)

I think if it was me . . . . I'd probably still carry the PT140 MP because of it's weight and size and opt for a full size 1911.

my $1.23
    Last edited by tdyoung58; June 28th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%