Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs down NOT POSITIVE EAST GOURMET BUFFET !

Bartonsville Pa ! I have posted here on the Positive experiences here since they opened,But Tonight 6pm as I was getting my Dessert Buffet I was approached by an employee saying he was the manager appearing about 25 years old. He says can I speak to you on the side ? and he Grabs my arm elbow as to walk me over ! I stated sternly get your hands off me ! and before you have anything to say let me tell you that you just assualted me ! He was shocked and apologized ! but continues to say a customer felt she was threatened by my O/C ! I said since this Buffet has been opened never anything was said,and NO sign in your windows say No Guns ! He really was not listening to what I had to say about O/C and Our rights,and said can you put your gun a GLOCK 19 in your pocket ? he was so far out in left field I felt there was no Positive way for him to rectify his approach.I did tell him he was lucky that I did not respond physically to his grabbing my arm and anyone else would have pursued assualt charges ! NOT POSITIVE HERE ANYMORE !!! MDT

(Wayne County)

Default Re: NOT POSITIVE EAST GOURMET BUFFET !

Hey Marine Division Two, did you ask him which woman felt threatened? Was it the 250 lber that you blocked access to the dessert bar? Oh well.

(York County)

Where's Paul Harvey when we need him? What's the rest of the story? Did you stay? Cover? Leave? Pay or not pay? Ask him to tell her to leave instead?

Wha happen?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Thumbs down Re: NOT POSITIVE EAST GOURMET BUFFET !

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Where's Paul Harvey when we need him? What's the rest of the story? Did you stay? Cover? Leave? Pay or not pay? Ask him to tell her to leave instead?

Wha happen?
    This guy was so far out in left field a N Y or N J transplant for sure.We stayed and finished our dinner at a very slow pace and even sat strongside out at the booth,The woman was actually trying to cover her eyes with her hand so as not to see the gun.What a piece of work,The waitress kept asking can I get anuthing for you ( ? ) Felt they were trying to give the rush,But Screw them,especially putting a hand on me,Young and Dumb and I would venture to say the owners wife was aware but never interceded at any point ! NO MORE SUSHI for me at this place !

(Monroe County)

I've been OC there a few times last few years no issues. One guy from NJ said he was jealous we can carry here in PA.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    This guy was so far out in left field a N Y or N J transplant for sure.We stayed and finished our dinner at a very slow pace and even sat strongside out at the booth,The woman was actually trying to cover her eyes with her hand so as not to see the gun.What a piece of work,The waitress kept asking can I get anuthing for you ( ? ) Felt they were trying to give the rush,But Screw them,especially putting a hand on me,Young and Dumb and I would venture to say the owners wife was aware but never interceded at any point ! NO MORE SUSHI for me at this place !

Apparently they never asked you to leave, which is good. I have never been asked to leave a place either, and in this situation I know I would be quite offended if I thought I was being asked to leave the premises due to "Miss Sensitive", no doubt an active member of Bloomburg's Brigade, or Mom's Demand Action, etc. It's one-on-one, and if she's that offended, she can just as easily leave.

Anyway, you obviously will decide whether to return or not, but if this were me I would give it a couple weeks and return. It sounds like you had established the place as a restaurant you believed you could carry, and do so OC. As for me, compare me to Patton, I hate to give up ground, or as he said it (in the movie anyway), "I hate to pay for the same real estate twice".

You go back a 2nd time and you will know for sure, because there will either be an apology waiting, or an invitation to leave. Or perhaps nothing.
    I recently had a proprietor stick up for me (and my open carry), he called it "rank has it's privileges" because the Mrs and I were in there several times a week and on a first-name basis with the owner and half the staff. The owner wasn't going to allow a new face to come in and dictate how things were going to be.

I went home rather happy that night.

Afterthought: When I went back for the 2nd time, it would be with the intention of winning the day, know what I mean? The point
    would not be confrontation, but mutual understand, a peace accord and all that. If the place is worth it. I have every intention of
    winning, and If I can return to a place like that on a regular basis, and never see that woman again, I figure I have won, and it is I
    who have chased her away. I'll take that fight and that win any day.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; October 2nd, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

(Pike County)

Nothing positive can come out when the words buffet and gourmet, put in the same sentence.
    Je suis déplorable

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Nothing positive can come out when the words buffet and gourmet, put in the same sentence.

Toughen up, man. Those place keep me regular. I nickname them all "The Diarrhea Buffet".

I just have to hit the treadmill double hard the next day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Hey Marine Division Two, did you ask him which woman felt threatened? Was it the 250 lber that you blocked access to the dessert bar? Oh well.
    I dedicate this song to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2XnGxi1eU

(Monroe County)

Is this the one by the Giant? If so I have been there many times oc and never a problem. Sounds as though the person scared of your carry started all the problems. Sorry to hear.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast