Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If you want to keep Wolf out, nows the time

We have a little more than a month to go until the elections. I know many here are worried about Wolf getting in and him hurting the 2nd in Pa. On top of that, if Wolf has a lot of supporters show up on election day, and enough Corbett supporters stay home, who knows what could happen in the general assembly if the coat tail effect kicks in. Who knows what we could wake up to on Nov 5th. I know a lot of people have written him off, but it's not over yet and no one ever wins by giving up before something starts.

I am starting this thread so anyone who has any ideas of how to help him can share their ideas. Wishing you had done more 5 weeks from now and complaining about how Wolf is going to screw Pa gun owners does no one any good, especially if you sat on the sidelines hoping for things to work out but not doing anything to help. Just saying "hey, I did my part, I voted for him may not be enough.

Some ideas if you want to get involved.
    Contact your local Republican headquarters and tell them you want to help Corbett.
    1. You could help out with door to door talking too people and passing out literature.
    2. You could make phone calls for Corbett and remind/encourage Corbett supporters about the election and that he needs every vote.
    3. Help out on election day. Maybe call supporters or drive eldery or anyone who needs help to the polls.

Btw..... if you know anyone who just turned 18 and might vote for Corbett, get them registered ASAP. Theres only a couple of more days to do so where they will be eligible to vote in the November election. This time next week will be too late.

If you have any other ideas please post them. There is potentially a lot at stake for gun owners. Let's not wake up November 5th wishing we had done more. It might be outside some people's comfort zone, but now might be a good time considering if it is worth it.

Btw..... if you are a Wolf supporter, please disregard.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: If you want to keep Wolf out, nows the time

Don't discount social media like FB and others. It's important though not to be militant or snarky. Just stick to facts and make the case intelligently. Quick hit factoids on taxes, education, etc maybe once per day will go a long way toward getting into the heads of those low information losers you went to high school with. Try to include the same ending tag line to tie your posts together, like "Vote NO on tax and spend Tom Wolf."
    Last edited by Gman106; October 1st, 2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Don't discount social media like FB and others. It's important though not to be militant or snarky. Just stick to facts and make the case intelligently. Quick hit factoids on taxes, education, etc maybe once per day will go a long way toward getting into the heads of those low information losers you went to high school with. Try to include the same ending tag line to tie your posts together, like "Vote NO on tax and spend Tom Wolf."
    Agreed, don't need to get into long debates with people who have their minds made up, but might be able to influence people who really haven't made up their minds yet.

(Westmoreland County)

Money is honey.

Mr. Corbett could use some money.

Consider $20.00 to Tom Corbett. A donation to Corbett is a lot cheaper than paying fees for each firearm in your collection, or a hiring a lawyer because of "gun safety" rules that punish the law abiding.

https://tomcorbett.nationbuilder.com/contribute

Disclaimer - I'm a technical worker in the private sector. I am not a registered Republican or Democrat.

I just like to shoot. I do not like Gun Control KKKlansmen having the Governor's ear.

(Chester County)

This is a great thread. Yes, Corbett has flaws, but he is better than that liar, Wolf, and will not come after our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Money is honey.

Mr. Corbett could use some money.

Consider $20.00 to Tom Corbett. A donation to Corbett is a lot cheaper than paying fees for each firearm in your collection, or a hiring a lawyer because of "gun safety" rules that punish the law abiding.

https://tomcorbett.nationbuilder.com/contribute

Disclaimer - I'm a technical worker in the private sector. I am not a registered Republican or Democrat.

I just like to shoot. I do not like Gun Control KKKlansmen having the Governor's ear.
    Donating money can't hurt. Any ads he gets out will only help.

I've been contacting Corbett's campaign trying to get a yard sign...never get replies. I've emailed, I've signed up on his website...no replies.

Next step is going to show up at a GOP HQ and demand a sign.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post

Correct. Go onto "Keystone report" and click on stories pertaining to Corbett then add to remarks at the bottom of the stories. I usually talk the truth that Wolfe is on record for Gun confiscation, he's on record for raising taxes, etc.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    I've been contacting Corbett's campaign trying to get a yard sign...never get replies. I've emailed, I've signed up on his website...no replies.

That's bad form on their part. Where I help out we go door to door to ask if people want lawn signs. Somebody calling up is a gift.

Are you contacting your local republican party or the state wide campaign?

Doesn't matter if they ran out or something like that. They should get back to you.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post

I am going to be in Harrisburg on Monday and have a contact at the Corbett campaign. I'll see what I can do. They have an office down in the Kingston Square area in York, I would think there would be signs....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast